Trading for Judd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trading for Judd

Would you trade our first pick and Newman for Judd if WC were willing?

• Yes

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
A definite NO from me as I said in another thread.

We will improve the side by adding quality not by just replacing or swapping it.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Harry,

Seeing I have responded to your poll would you mind going to the Fan Forum board and responding to mine regarding reserve seats for away games if you haven't already ;D

Thanks
KL

BTW - it was a No for me but I will be very interested in the results for this one

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I said yes, though I do agree with the point that quality shouldn't be replaced it should be added. But "Quality" should replace "quality". I'm a fan of Newman's, but Judd would probably be more value than Newman and a draft pick.

I'd be nice to keep Newman as he's got the potential to be a real good player, but you dont get something (Judd) for nothing in today's football.

By the way, I dont think I would trade on this deal if I were West Coast.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
No way in hell. Newman is great and underrated and who knows what the first roundpick wil lend up like. Judd is a gret player no doubt, but very similar to Tivendale and not a hard nut. I think we would be trading too much if we did that.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
No way.

Chris Newman is a great little player and will continue to inprove. He also appears to be quite a popular player amoung the group as well as an integeral part of the starting 18.

Look elsewhere - Brent Guerra - broken record am I. PS He has been dropped again which is great news, because it will mean that Port will be keen to offload him at years end, which will be mean a bargin pick up most likely.

GO GUERRA - keep getting dropped ;D ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Would Fiora for Guerra be a fair deal?

Guerra can't get a game for Port and Fiora shouldn't be getting a game for us.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
No way would I trade newman. This kid has class written all over him. IMO a future Tiger champion.
There are too many uncertainties when paying big bucks for a player who is unsettled at his current club.
We would also have issues with the salary cap as Judd would command a far higher salary than most of the existing Tiger lineup.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
TF, I would trade Fiora for Guerra, but would always be worried that Fiora would find some form and start playing the kind of footy that he is apparently capable of.

Some other possibilities would be a second rd pick which I would happily give up. We need our third rd for father/son.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I'm with you Harry, definately YES.

Judd is going to be a SUPERSTAR and is already close to being one after 1 and a half seasons. This guy has it all and if he says that he wants to come back to Victoria ALL Victorian clubs will be having a crack for him with some big names being mentioned as trade bait for him. I think Newman will be a very good player but IMO will not be as good as Judd. WCE would want alot more then Newms and 1st pick from us, no doubt.

I personally believe that if Judd does come back WCE will be after a Key position player to cover McIntosh's retirement and Jakovich will retire shortly also. We haven't got too much to trade in that respect so i reckon Hawthorn if they decide to let Hay go back home they wouldbe a big chance to get Judd.

P

PuntRoadRoar

its not going to happen so stop dreaming guys !!!

lets all look forward to getting the Raines boy instead of pipe dreaming.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
RR I'm with you! I think Guerra would be a top pickup!
He's a quality player. And as you say, lets hope he keeps getting dropped. He might get so far out of favour that they might even swap him for Pettifer! :eek:
Dreeeeeam, Dream Dream Dreeam, Dreeeeeam ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Im with you 100 percent on Guerra RR he is a hard at it mid-fielder who gets hiw own ball... just what we need.
And he will be cheap :)

I voted no.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Rampaging Richo said:
TF, I would trade Fiora for Guerra, but would always be worried that Fiora would find some form and start playing the kind of footy that he is apparently capable of.

Don't worry about that RR, I'm pretty confident that Fiora is already playing the kind of football he's capable of:)

Another player we might want to look at is Luke Power. He's out of contract this year but the Lions probably want a fair bit for him.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I think maybe Power would be a bit expensive pay wise and also in what you would have to give up to get him.

A cheaper alternative to Judd dare I say it would be Patrick Bowden.....
He looks like a very similar type of player to Judd the only question would be would he promise alot and fail to continually develop like big bro.
Wonder what we would get for our Bowden going there
... just a thought....

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Maybe if we throw in a draft pick or a Krakouer into the mix they may be interested. But Nathan Brown is a great, great player.

Anyone watch the Bulldogs v Eagles game by the way? LOL, feel sorry for the dogs, they can't find a way to win. Great effort over there though.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I watched quite a bit of that game JohnF and I'd love to have N Brown at Tigerland but I'd also like P Bowden
R Murphy B Guerra C Judd any guys like that would be great to have at the club.

But we MUST get quality kids this year. I sound like a broken record on this but we need a replacement full back to be groomed over a few years and get one on the rookie list also incase the one you get in the draft turns out to be a dud. ::) Another tall to be groomed for CHF or CHB another young Ruckman for reasons that to a few of us have been obvious for a couple of years.(and that have been proven this year) Aswell as some skilled, aggressive, midfielders with pace and MATURE bodies. Of course not every kid we draft is gonna make it that's why we have to load up on these kids aswell as probably getting one gun recruit (Miller will ensure we get atleast one I'm sure) and a couple of players such as Guerra who CAN actually play good footy that just need a change of clubs.

Anyway we are only a game off third place which is pretty unbelievable. :-[