Training For 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Training For 2023

Caesar just wondering about Nank and our ruck team generally.
It seems to have been a bit of a problem over recent years and I was not surprised to see Miller given his opportunity there late last year. (I am a fan).

Am I right to believe that Ryan is now getting more time there than Soldo?
If we follow the pattern played out over recent time, with Nank struggling with injury in the second half, which of the group do you think has the credentials to become the heir apparent?
Samson Ryan will be the long term replacement for Nank IMO and is on a specifically structured plan to get there. There is a reason he was signed till the end of 2024 which requires some patience by all.
Should see a lot more of ruck 1st then forward in the VFL this year rather than the other way around.
As for Nank still provides the most around the ground and will continue to do so.
Loosing 1st tap won't be as vital with new midfield additions.
I don't see the Nank/Soldo combo happening often, am hoping Miller makes the relief ruck/fwd his own.

Reactions: 13 users
I’ve said it before.
Miller gets his hands to plenty of aerial contests.
If he can hold more, his trajectory goes sky high
He grassed a few today that he should have held but he did hold a few too. At least he was consu getting his hands on it. Moved really well today.

Reactions: 4 users
I were saying to the lads today surely the club can give a bit more than 1 minute of vision when it comes to their training video's, apparently not, enjoy the 54 seconds ;) :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 users
I were saying to the lads today surely the club can give a bit more than 1 minute of vision when it comes to their training video's, apparently not, enjoy the 54 seconds ;) :rolleyes:

Yeah a bit disappointing....especially Hugo doing his hair. Most of these vids are short.

Another 150 minute session today and another injury:

The boys really cranking up the intensity but with increased intensity comes increased risk :

Match Sim:
Horrific sounding head clash today at training today, if Tylar Young has escaped with only concussion and not a broken jaw or cheekbone he'll be lucky, it brought Match Play to a premature end.
Sounded like bone to me it was a reel cracking sound but were watching with a fellow PRE-ender and he was hoping it was more of a slapping sound.
The ONLY good thing was Tylar eventually got up and walked off in the company of trainers but unassisted but that still doesn't allay my fears of a break.
Tylar was looking the goods again and the injury occurred in an elite closing speed spoil on Reiwoldt, unfortunately another defender, (i think Kaleb Smith?), also came in from side resulting in clash of heads.

Tarranto, Martin & Marlion were everywhere, for match-up purposes Marlion started mid for half of the match sim.
Tarranto, one minute he is winning it mid, then back and then involved forward :) .
Miller 100% training Fwd/Ruck kicked a lovely running goal and if a few more marks had of stuck i would have been glowing in my praises but still good.
Cotch fwd and a bit of mid.
Prestia prominent as well.
Mostly it was Nank v Samson in ruck with Soldo fwd for structure without Lynch
Tom Brown took a highlight mark over Jack which was impressive.
Narkle was played off half back.

Other :
Sonz left the track early after a drill and did not return so may have picked up an injury?
Shorty says he hopes to be back with main group on Thursday.
No Castagna.

*That's it folks, couldn't be bothered going into detail today.

Hopefully @The Mole may give you some further insights later?
Hail Caesar!

Reactions: 1 users

I reckon they’ve become too reliant on you Caesar.
You should charge them for your time.
Or at least get them to buy you a ladder and a pair of binoculars.
That milk crate you use has seen better days

• Love
  • Haha
He has but left the track very early today so hopefully he hasn't picked up an injury.
If it's a niggle (under three weeks) he will be fine. He's already got Nov, December and most of January in the legs.

Good sign.

Bradke looking quite good, really good on the lead but you don't get much free space in the AFL.
Has pace is a good kick.
Saw Dimma give him a pat on the arse after one lead up and goal.
Hearing narkle off HB I’m not sure bodes well for his chances , we have options spilling over there , I imagined if anything he’d be depth inside mid , cracking in and getting it . putting together bits and pieces , bradke wouldn’t surprise

Have you seen him take any contested grabs or is it mainly all lead up?

Gotta make sure our key forwards aren't timid and are crashing packs and bringing the ball to ground. Miller probably needs to develop a bit more physicality also.
Jaaack n the Lynchman are fairly handy at crashing packs, bringing the ball to ground n taking contested marks. More than happy to have another forward who can get out on the lead, take an uncontested or at the least draw a floating defender away. Funky, Bradtke, Cummerbund. Doesn't matter, but it doesn't hurt to have someone who can create a hole.

Reactions: 4 users
Hearing narkle off HB I’m not sure bodes well for his chances , we have options spilling over there , I imagined if anything he’d be depth inside mid , cracking in and getting it . putting together bits and pieces , bradke wouldn’t surprise
Makes sense, Narkle doesn’t have the attributes for HB (speed, good kick etc). Not to mention he couldn’t even run in the first group during the 2km TT so his endurance leaves plenty to be desired. Really hope we give Bradtke a shot to show his worth

Reactions: 1 user
Miller 100% training Fwd/Ruck kicked a lovely running goal and if a few more marks had of stuck i would have been glowing in my praises but still good.
That's been the concern with Miller from the get-go... he drops too many marks for a player his size.

Reactions: 1 user