Turkey Earthquake | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Turkey Earthquake

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Unbelievable damage in Turkey/Turkiye & Syria after successive massive earthquakes & aftershocks.

Countless thousands dead & injured, over 6,000 buildings flattened, key infrastructure destroyed..all in the middle of winter.
Can't begin to fathom what those poor people are going through right now. Can you imagine if it were Melbourne?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just found out now that Turkey is referred to as Turkiye (turk-ee-ya)

Amazed hearing even Russia sending in aid to help.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
That photo of a father holding the hand of his dead 15 year old daughter while she is covered in rubble is truly heartbreaking.

Just reminds us that the end can come so suddenly.

I know it's a cliche, but I'll be hugging my sons extra tightly tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
That photo of a father holding the hand of his dead 15 year old daughter while she is covered in rubble is truly heartbreaking.

Just reminds us that the end can come so suddenly.

I know it's a cliche, but I'll be hugging my sons extra tightly tonight.
Saw that after seeing the photo of the baby that was born in the rubble but who’s mum died.
Nearly broke me. Just devestating

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
As most here would know im from Turkiye and have been in australia since 1968
My family is actually the 1st turkish people to ever come to australia as working immigrants

I still have cousins aunties uncles and other distant relatives that are living there in a city called Kayseri which is around 500klms away
but they are also sleeping outdoors in tents and makeshift places as its still shaking even that far away and some reports say that its being felt upto 900klms away in Ankara (capital)

Its looking like 50,000 buildings will be demolished or have already collapsed due to the quakes (over 3000 after shocks)
the death toll will most likely exceed 60,000 and some reports are saying upto 100,000 depending on what they find as time goes on
there are still so many people that are missing.

As a dual citizen of both countries i would like to thank Tiger of old for starting this thread and also thank anybody that has posted their best wishes and or sent donations.

Thank You

Reactions: 9 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
As most here would know im from Turkiye and have been in australia since 1968
My family is actually the 1st turkish people to ever come to australia as working immigrants

I still have cousins aunties uncles and other distant relatives that are living there in a city called Kayseri which is around 500klms away
but they are also sleeping outdoors in tents and makeshift places as its still shaking even that far away and some reports say that its being felt upto 900klms away in Ankara (capital)

Its looking like 50,000 buildings will be demolished or have already collapsed due to the quakes (over 3000 after shocks)
the death toll will most likely exceed 60,000 and some reports are saying upto 100,000 depending on what they find as time goes on
there are still so many people that are missing.

As a dual citizen of both countries i would like to thank Tiger of old for starting this thread and also thank anybody that has posted their best wishes and or sent donations.

Thank You
I had some Turkish friends in past jobs and school which I haven't seen for years. Didn't know the country changed their name like Czechia have.

It was great to see some survivors come out alive especially a young girl just yesterday who survived 10 days without food.

I heard the government has arrested(?) many property developers to explain the collapsed buildings too.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I had some Turkish friends in past jobs and school which I haven't seen for years. Didn't know the country changed their name like Czechia have.

It was great to see some survivors come out alive especially a young girl just yesterday who survived 10 days without food.

I heard the government has arrested(?) many property developers to explain the collapsed buildings too.
Turkiye was always named Turkiye but after the 1st world war it was referred to as Turkey and pretty much stuck in the western world

Most of the European and east always said Turkiye but as of last year erdogan decided that the country will be called by the name publicly and made that well known

The government is now hunting for all the shoddy builders and inspectors that have been involved in not doing their job or pay offs
hopefully they get judged properly reflecting the result of their crime

Reactions: 1 user