TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Definitely would be, a Nat Geo original. A lot of Foxtel stuff seems to end up on Disney+, they must have similar contracts.
Think it has something to do with Murdoch having sold Fox Studios who had majority ownership of NG to Disney a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Finished the 3rd and last season of Dead To Me. It started off meh but the last half of the 10 episodes were pretty good. Really enjoyed it in the end.

Some funny characters and Christina Appelgate was brilliant I thought. Quite poignant given the health battles she is having. Linda Cardellini excellent as well.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Acapulco on Apple TV is a hidden gem - I enjoy it more than lasso even though no sport subplot. The story is entertaining, the characters are funny and loveable and all develop over the two seasons, the messages are timeless and it doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s Spanish/English so if you don’t speak Spanish you’ll need to do a little subtitle reading. If you are after something serious/heavy/action packed this isn’t it though.

95%ish on rotten tomatoes but as I say you need to like the genre.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Acapulco on Apple TV is a hidden gem - I enjoy it more than lasso even though no sport subplot. The story is entertaining, the characters are funny and loveable and all develop over the two seasons, the messages are timeless and it doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s Spanish/English so if you don’t speak Spanish you’ll need to do a little subtitle reading. If you are after something serious/heavy/action packed this isn’t it though.

95%ish on rotten tomatoes but as I say you need to like the genre.

Apple TV stuff is generally good - unlike Netflix or other streamers they produce many fewer programs, but they are usually well-written and produced.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Bit late to the party but The Bear on Disnsy + is fantastic.
I might be late to it too. Never mind - was only mildly engaged by it until the last episode. That was one of the greatest pieces of TV I’ve ever seen - but you had to have sat through all the previous shows for it to be that resonant.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Have just started Tokyo Vice on SBS.
Very good so far. Michael Mann project set in late 90s Japan.
Yep, enjoyable. I lived in Tokyo for a few years in the 90s so brings back memories.

One of the young yakuza dudes is a splitting image (IMO) of a RFC player. See if you can pick him.

Looking forward to S2