u15 vline championships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

u15 vline championships

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
has any one been to see the games in melbourne . it would be interesting to get a report on some of the up and comming players.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
The series ran from the 4th until yesterday. Had a look for reports or results, but couldn't find any.

BloodOath

Now this is a team!
Sep 1, 2004
Melbourne
I had to goto the chanpionships for work this week - went to the first game at Elstenwick park to see Bendigo V Geelong - Geelong just much too strong. I didnt get to stay for the whole game and had some "work stuff" to do.

It has been a long time since I have been to watch under 15s (probably since I played myself!) but i was impressed with standard - the fact that these boys were paying structured football and hitting targets (probably more often than the tigers!)

Just some of the more famous names that played.

Geelong
Matthew Bews
Ayce Cordy
Brad nankervis

Ballarat
Tom Frawley
Matthew Madden
Robert Lockett

Bendigo
Not famous but caught my eye - smaller than everyone else yet great in and under, chaser and tackling Filo Brodie
Scott Sellwood (younger brother of)

Ovens and Murray
Trent Lappin (boy has he some shoes to fill!)

I had to go again yesterday and got to meet Rodney Eade (who was doing the coin toss) which is always interesting - nice guy.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
BloodOath said:
I had to goto the chanpionships for work this week - went to the first game at Elstenwick park to see Bendigo V Geelong - Geelong just much too strong. I didnt get to stay for the whole game and had some "work stuff" to do.

It has been a long time since I have been to watch under 15s (probably since I played myself!) but i was impressed with standard - the fact that these boys were paying structured football and hitting targets (probably more often than the tigers!)

Just some of the more famous names that played.

Geelong
Matthew Bews
Ayce Cordy
Brad nankervis

Ballarat
Tom Frawley
Matthew Madden
Robert Lockett

Bendigo
Not famous but caught my eye - smaller than everyone else yet great in and under, chaser and tackling Filo Brodie
Scott Sellwood (younger brother of)

Ovens and Murray
Trent Lappin (boy has he some shoes to fill!)

I had to go again yesterday and got to meet Rodney Eade (who was doing the coin toss) which is always interesting - nice guy.

Did you hear anything about a kid named Tim Scott from the Southern Metro region?

BloodOath

Now this is a team!
Sep 1, 2004
Melbourne
Phantom,

This is only a Country Championships - no Metro Kids.

I have a program (just kids names and numbers for all the teams) I am happy to post to you if you would like.

Also was talking to someone - one of the official with I think the Riverina squad that seemed to think that Kyle Archibald is a gun and is the sort of future captian of RFC - just said he is one of theose types.

PM if you would like me to post the program.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
BloodOath said:
Phantom,

This is only a Country Championships - no Metro Kids.

I have a program (just kids names and numbers for all the teams) I am happy to post to you if you would like.

Also was talking to someone - one of the official with I think the Riverina squad that seemed to think that Kyle Archibald is a gun and is the sort of future captian of RFC - just said he is one of theose types.

PM if you would like me to post the program.

I wouldnt want to take your only one, but a photo copy of it would be sufficient.
Many thanks in anticipation. I'll PM you with my postal address.
Metro must have their own comp.
Regards.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
BloodOath said:
Hope you received the program.

Cheers
BOath

Many thanks.
I havent checked my postbox in the last couple of days, but I'm sure it's there.
Again thanks & regards.

BloodOath

Now this is a team!
Sep 1, 2004
Melbourne
2005 Team of the Carnival VCFL u/15

Nicolas Suban (Bacchus March)
Tyler George (North Ballarat)
Scott Carey (Warragul)
Jamie Robinson (Phillip Island)
Scott Selwood (Kennington Sandhurst)
Matt Jones (Golden Square)
Torin Petrie (St Arnaud)
Ryan Hudson (Moama)
Kade Klemke (Henty)
Brendan Rathnowe (Maffra)
Callan Doering (Mildura)
Jordan Jacobs (Ocean Grove)
Jacod Storer (Leopold)
William Martinello (Benella)
Tom Rocklift (Benella)
Dash Barolli (Shepparton)
Brett Mahoney (Mansfield)
Tom Emmerton (Casterton)
Liam McInerney (Timboon)
Ryan Mckenzie (Warrack)
Xavier McMahon (Marist)
Tom Angel (Westbrook)

I am sorry I don't know what the selection criteria or positions are but will try to find out. Interesting only two from one place (Benella) other all from seperate (individual) towns/places