Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Remember when Rance got called out for staging. Boy did the media go on and on and on about it. Wonder if the same witch hunt will occur for papley ward and wood duck?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Remember when Rance got called out for staging. Boy did the media go on and on and on about it. Wonder if the same witch hunt will occur for papley ward and wood duck?

Not just Rance, the character assasinations that he and Grimes had to deal with, and then you look at the rest being brushed under the carpet, nothing to see hear.

Didn't Sarah Olle call it "vile" in a tweet after the Brisbane final last year. Where was her tweet with that level of outrage on Saturday?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

Grimes was also hounded about it against the Blions last year. Pilloried beyond belief.
I'm afraid that the AFL media plonkers pick & choose who they persue about these things, it seems to me that the Tigers & are by far the most horrible club in the comp. & must be far more accountable than any others.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
it seems to me that the Tigers & are by far the most horrible club in the comp

There's plenty of anti-Tiger sentiment about. Curiously popped up when we became joint favourites for another flag after we'd been safely written off. Which makes me more eager for us to win this one.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It’s nice to be hated again. We were the source of pity for too long.

Lap up the salty BS and wear it like a badge of honour.

We are the kings right now and everyone wants the crown

Reactions: 1 user

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Did anyone notice their second goal in last quarter. I think it was Kickett that went to mark the kick across goal, was absolutely molested, ball came to ground and they scored the goal.
Typical commentators failed to make any comment about a free to us.
In my eyes, clear Tigers free kick ignored

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I have sneaky suspicion this thread will go into overdrive come Monday night.

Umpires allocated for this game are - Ray Chamberlain, Robert O'Gorman & Nick Foot.

Could you get a worse combination than Rayzor & Gorman?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne

Umpires allocated for this game are - Ray Chamberlain, Robert O'Gorman & Nick Foot.

You've seen the same post on Twitter as I have unless you are that person.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Oh God, so they won't even be offering lube this week??

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Do we need to bring the vaseline or is that supplied by the umpires?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So if that decision last night where swans take a mark on a slight angle, and shaw shoves papley in the back on the boundry afterwards?

If thats correct, then why wouldnt you have a backman coat hanger someone on the point post every time a forward marks directly in front?

The umps seem to have lost the plot entirely to me

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So if that decision last night where swans take a mark on a slight angle, and shaw shoves papley in the back on the boundry afterwards?

If thats correct, then why wouldnt you have a backman coat hanger someone on the point post every time a forward marks directly in front?

The umps seem to have lost the plot entirely to me
Except I think you'll find that the whistle was blown for the Papley infringement just before the mark, hence it was taken from Sam Reid. But apologies if I'm wrong. But we know all rules are 'flexible' or 'negotiable' (it's called interpretation I think), so possibly just a successful attempt to reduce the embarrassment for AFL's love-child.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

A worse combination for who, SA? Surely you are not implying that the AFL has any particular intention in mind here? Just drawn randomly out of a hat surely? :eek:

• Sad

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Except I think you'll find that the whistle was blown for the Papley infringement just before the mark, hence it was taken from Sam Reid. But apologies if I'm wrong. But we know all rules are 'flexible' or 'negotiable' (it's called interpretation I think), so possibly just a successful attempt to reduce the embarrassment for AFL's love-child.
I think you are right, but common sense says pay the advantage, the mark. Typical example of rule overriding logic.