Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

I actually thought the umps weren't too biased, except the opening goal shocker, which was the margin, but up until the last 5 minutes they were just generally crap and whistle-happy, without favouring them too much, you expect a bit up there.

But the last 5 minutes, geez, they just wanted to get Sydney home. No outright clangers so TBR will be fine, but just a series of frees that could have been paid not paid, then the non-50.

seriously, how was the earpiece conference, thats a new thing? Didn't hear the whistle? Bolton has given away 2 in the last 2 weeks when he didn't hear it.

Bummed, but that's footy.
Would love to agree 100% but I just can't.
Gibcus gave away a couple, but honestly so did a few of the swans. Gibcus is a pisscutter. No drama had we lost due to his calls.
BUT,
We didn't we lost because of *smile* umpiring!
Full stop.

Called it in the match day thread. Umpires made a concerted effort to even up the free kick count.
Nit the inly one cobber, next up is cotch getting a week for staging

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
“Prohibited contact” for a slight bump? :LOL:
what a mob of dickheads
My missus walked out on me as I rehearsed the comment over and over again.
TBR must be curled in a ball tonight.

“Prohibited contact” for a slight bump? :LOL:
what a mob of dickheads
There’s the evidence right there that the game is finished for anyone over the age of 13.
Unrecognisable and so very sad to watch.
I don’t feel angry. Just very, very sad.
Like someone close has died

Reactions: 2 users
Gill please chose the correct and honourable course go now.
You have singlehandedly ruined Australian Rules Football.

Reactions: 3 users
The decision that cost us was the free to Rowbottom Deep inside our forward line. Should have been holding the ball and easy shot at goal

As bas as umpires were we had to be better. 31 points up and we had too many passengers

Geez hows this for analysis, Dicko Moons and whats his name reckon technically it was 50, but common sense it wasn't. The ol' common sense defence!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
You gotta wonder if Dennis Denuto is advising the umpires, because they really are just going with the vibe of it at the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I actually thought the umps weren't too biased, except the opening goal shocker, which was the margin, but up until the last 5 minutes they were just generally crap and whistle-happy, without favouring them too much, you expect a bit up there.

But the last 5 minutes, geez, they just wanted to get Sydney home. No outright clangers so TBR will be fine, but just a series of frees that could have been paid not paid, then the non-50.

seriously, how was the earpiece conference, thats a new thing? Didn't hear the whistle? Bolton has given away 2 in the last 2 weeks when he didn't hear it.

Bummed, but that's footy.
Great summary. I love how the ump said he didn’t hear the whistle it’s common sense not to be 50. Since when has common sense come into it and why isn’t it always applied?
So a subjective call ( that the player did not hear the whistle - how did the ump know, he made an assumption) followed by a subjective decision not to apply the rules.

Another one to add to your original frees penalising Richmond file tigersnake

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
We usually get very few frees. That wasn’t the case tonight.

But what was usual, was the amount of stupid frees we gave away. It’s a huge problem with this team.