Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

What we should be doing is getting rid of all reviews in sport and going back to accepting umpires are human and the good and bad is the rub of the green.
Agree but I'll go a couple better.
Sort out our rules, make them easy to adjudicate, eliminate ambiguity and spend some time getting our umpires better. Which will happen by default if they do the first 2.
And, get rid of the crew who are responsible for changing our rules, a rule change should be only considered if a health and safety issue is considered plausible. It should never be considered a KPI each year.

Reactions: 10 users
Never thought I wud say it but Collingwood getting shafted by Umps..... God that hurt but its out now

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
They use less cameras now than 20 years ago so channel 7 can save money. And it took forever for the AFL to get high def coverage. The AFL is such a disgrace but get a free ride from the media and Gil gets lauded for doing tv deals that Zips could do.
interesting and disappointing. put faith in a system only to cut spending on it. says it all really ..

Reactions: 1 user
Collingwood always get looked after by the umpires.
Penderbury gets tackled and can have 3 minutes to release the ball.
It was good to see Dacios get pinged a 50

That's a great pickup, although he might have gone back off the mark.
But he ran forward? Outside 5 precludes you from moving forward unless the umpire calls play on. Considering lynch marked it about 5m out from
Goal I doubt Andrew’s was outside 5.

You make it up as you go along.

Reactions: 1 users
They use less cameras now than 20 years ago so channel 7 can save money. And it took forever for the AFL to get high def coverage. The AFL is such a disgrace but get a free ride from the media and Gil gets lauded for doing tv deals that Zips could do.
Is this true? the cameras I mean, the second part re Gil and Zips is self evident.

This is what's going to happen every time a player kicks at goal from now on:
Im Free George Costanza GIF by HULU
A week of Lee Strasburg method acting classes for every new draftee as part of their orientation.

cats as usual are allowed to push in the back and take marks Umps turning blind eye to it
Those two goals by Rohan came from marks where he had a clear run at the ball. When you see them again you'll see why. Hawkins the cheat keeping Moore out of the contest and Hawk does not attempt to mark either of them which is a blocking infringement missed by the umps...twice.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Never thought I wud say it but Collingwood getting shafted by Umps..... God that hurt but its out now
Naaahhhhh!

Texted my Bro that n he told me I'm a *smile* idiot. Guessing that I obviously know nothing about the game anymore.

My mate sent me this snippet. Not sure what book it is from but would explain a lot. Edit : apparently from the Neil Balme book.

F75847CF-808F-4379-9FA6-8CE34CD5D599.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
But he ran forward? Outside 5 precludes you from moving forward unless the umpire calls play on. Considering lynch marked it about 5m out from

Just like the AFL.

:ROFLMAO:

You have such a chip on your shoulder about umpires, you turn into Homer Simpson as soon as they come up. You can run forward if you go back more than 5.

I just checked the channel 7 feed, he didn't stand back, the umpire calls play on.

The other thing I noticed from watching it again was just what a horrible miss it was. Such a simple shot. :(

:ROFLMAO:

You have such a chip on your shoulder about umpires, you turn into Homer Simpson as soon as they come up. You can run forward if you go back more than 5.

I just checked the channel 7 feed, he didn't stand back, the umpire calls play on.

The other thing I noticed from watching it again was just what a horrible miss it was. Such a simple shot. :(
2 things, Lynch didnt miss.
and Andrews started moving before the play on call, but very very marginal so was never going to be 50.

Reactions: 2 users