Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Just watch the amount of frees the Carlton forwards get v ours.

Tipping a + 7 free kick differential to Carlton which, in all honesty would be a good result for us given how badly we get shafted week to week, year to year, by the AFL’s henchmen.

Reactions: 2 users
Is that you TBR?

1678915865640.png
PRE celebrates with TBR away. Let the umpiring discussion begin unabated. Image: AAP

Reactions: 1 user
Agree tipping anywhere between 3 to 5 50 metre penalties against. Tipping Curnow and McKay getting 3 to 4 goals from free kicks combined.

Free kick count +10 for Carlton.

35ish Carlton 25 Richmond

Majority of Richmond free kicks will be defensive 50

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Agree tipping anywhere between 3 to 5 50 metre penalties against. Tipping Curnow and McKay getting 3 to 4 goals from free kicks combined.

Free kick count +10 for Carlton.

35ish Carlton 25 Richmond

Majority of Richmond free kicks will be defensive 50
Holding free's against us
Will break world records tonight.
It's a real pity they always influence results

Reactions: 1 users
I’m tipping vast majority of free kicks to the blues for the first three quarters, then once the game is practically over, us to get a few cheapies in the last to level it out so that no one in the media can complain about the umpiring.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I’m tipping vast majority of free kicks to the blues for the first three quarters, then once the game is practically over, us to get a few cheapies in the last to level it out so that no one in the media can complain about the umpiring.
It’d be an interesting stat, frees given qrt by qrt.

That's the plan! Looking forward to defense counsel TBR's comments if this happens tonight.

I’m wondering what rule they are going to really crack down on tonight , penalizing us big time, but forget about for the rest of the round because of the outcry

I’m wondering what rule they are going to really crack down on tonight , penalizing us big time, but forget about for the rest of the round because of the outcry
The crackdown will simply be soft frees to Carlton forwards as the fourth umpire tries to make his stamp on the game.

Reactions: 1 users
If the praccy matches are anything to go by we are going to be royally reamed tonight and most season. Hope Dimma starts calling it out!

No Doubt we will get R.... by the umpires tonight with 4 of them now going to be even worse

With 4 Umpires I can see a lot more downfield frees given to forwards* who are being scragged and held by defenders

*This obviously excludes Lynch because he's a meanie and no one likes him

Reactions: 2 users
Lets just create enough F50 entries and maintain more possession than Carlton and we wont have to worry about free kicks.