Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Ex WA Umpy Dean Margetts was interviewed on Perth's 6PR Saturday morn & did agree a free kick should have ben awarded when Draper pulled the pill in When questioned on the standard of today's lot his view was that there are to many inexperienced umps officiating due to 4 umps a game He added they should improve with games under their belt One hopes so !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How can it be 'the correct approach at the time', but still an incorrect decision?

its the same technique chris scott uses constantly

'far be it for me to comment, thats not my department'. then he'll comment on it for 5 minutes solid.

its called bullcrapping

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
ive been watching VFL and WAFL streamed way more than AFL this year.

probably seen 8 state league games and 3 AFL games.

two differences I notice is

1. they dont replay frees, so you dont notice howlers, or dwell on them.

2. commentators just call the game, rather than constantly insight outrage and controversy and speculate wildly

this leads me to believe that, while The AFL are a bunch of reactionary, under qualified, autocratic *smile* with no regard for our game,

Channel 7 must bear a large proportion of the responsibility for *smile* up AFL footy.

Reactions: 10 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
tested my theory of ch7 bastardry today and watched swans academy rort beat gold coast academy rort

I muted the commentary and played an Ernest ranglin playlist.

actually enjoyed the game. umpiring seemed ok.

seemed like a game of footy.

small sample,

but I reckon its bt and jb and other *smile* heads contributing significantly to the unwatchability.

give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Ex WA Umpy Dean Margetts was interviewed on Perth's 6PR Saturday morn & did agree a free kick should have ben awarded when Draper pulled the pill in When questioned on the standard of today's lot his view was that there are to many inexperienced umps officiating due to 4 umps a game He added they should improve with games under their belt One hopes so !
Ah well ….. inexperienced peanuts with whistles vs experienced peanuts with whistles
What‘s the common denominator?

Reactions: 1 user

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
There’s a lot of late calls someone is calling the frees or non frees play on
I saw a few obvious holding the ball calls called very late against Nth. It was holding the ball after the first tackle but the ump let the player spin 3 360s in 3 seperate tackles before calling. Very odd.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
tested my theory of ch7 bastardry today and watched swans academy rort beat gold coast academy rort

small sample,

but I reckon its bt and jb and other fuckheads contributing significantly to the unwatchability.

give it a go.
Did the same but on the foxtel feed. Man Dermot can ruin watching a game of footy.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
but I reckon its bt and jb and other fuckheads contributing significantly to the unwatchability.

give it a go.
mute or music is our friend..
rivaling the AFL morons are the WSL surf commentators...
watched Margaret River finals today with no comments.. but sound-tracked with Brian Eno, UB40, Pavement, etc etc ...

Jumping Jack Dyer

Tiger Rookie
Nov 13, 2010
All Nations Hotel

small sample,

give it a go.
Been doing this for years. Much prefer the game live in the flesh.

When I’m stuck at home, it’s Flaming Lips into Nina Simone into etc etc etc

• Love

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
mute or music is our friend..
rivaling the AFL morons are the WSL surf commentators...
watched Margaret River finals today with no comments.. but sound-tracked with Brian Eno, UB40, Pavement, etc etc ...
I reckon the WSL mob are worse by a long stretch…..full cringe! Watched it live…spectacular it was.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

small sample,

give it a go.

Thanks @eZyT, I am now listening to his ‘below the baseline’ - excellent pickup.

I often watch games on mute with music in the background - at the moment I like a Wallners mix with the footy. We recently watched the Eddy on Netflix and some of the panio/jazz was sublime which was different to their album and have been looking for similar ever since.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Passages of North’s footy this afternoon would have suited Yakkety Sax

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Defeated soldiers can be competent and obedient but fail through poor leadership.
Stop making excuses for the maggots. They've got a rule book n they're trained what the rules are n how to adjudicate them rules. Standing around flapping the arms n calling play on is not competent when the blatantly obvious ruling is chewing on their nut sack hoping to be called.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I didn’t know that even if the umpire yells “stand” you can still run back off the mark to be “outside 5“.
Its very fluid now. Sometimes they say dtand sometimes they dont. Sometimes you can back off sometimes you cant. Mostly depends if Tigers are playing.