Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
L2R2R do you have stats by umpire? Are they available. There’s a twitter post saying O’Gorman is 48 against 5 for in last 4 games.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
L2R2R do you have stats by umpire? Are they available. There’s a twitter post saying O’Gorman is 48 against 5 for in last 4 games.

Haha, no, the AFL/AFLUA doesn't release these as they'd be dynamite!

We've had him three times this year (including GWS and Carlton) and are down 49-64 in total frees.

Last edited:
  • Wow

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Haha, no, the AFL/AFLUA doesn't release these as they'd be dynamite!

We've had him three times this year (including GWS and Carlton) and are down 49-64 in total frees.

Damn so you would have to self code it and rewatch every game he has umpires. I guess if someone locked down who is really bored and wants to grind an axe.....

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I say it most weeks. We,re the only side that even when we win get screwed by umpires.

They tried there best to keep Brisbane in the game.
Plan and simple.
Cameron dived like he was jumping in a pool.
Zorko's 50ty was paid because he was held up 2 seconds.
But McIntosh is held after a mark. No 50
The umpire tells Payne to move back 3 times.
No 50.
Castagna takes a mark on the wing ready to go, but gets held.
No 50.
Gardner is holding Dusty's right arm.
No free kick.
Chol gets he arms slapped in a marking attempt.
No free kick.
Did we get a holding the ball?
The only one i remember is ellis-Yeoman.
But that's it

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
That's what causes my broken hand. Happened right in front of me. I'm calling for a free for him being dumped and the prick paid deliberate. *smile* cheat

I would love for someone to ask the ump, what he thought Bakes could have done in that position that would have kept the ball in better. The ball literally missed Pickett by less than 1m, he was stuck on the boundary, under pressure, what more could he have done to actually keep the ball in. I think their answer would defy physics but of course we aren't allowed to hear from the umps.

Ossie

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 15, 2012
#10 and #11. Locker buddies.

I don't recall Deboy doing a Richmond game for a long time. Certainly none this year. Maybe we put in a request to keep him away.
You are right LTRTR, we haven't had the 'pleasure' of Deboy for a fair while. The first time I noticed O'Gorman was the Hawthorn game last year when the frees were 12-2 at half time. He seemed to be controlling the game! The other one to watch out for is Leigh Fisher, absolute shocker! I used to have Matt Stevic on my list, but after umpiring us in two Premierships, he has now been removed. I said to my wife that I should contact him and let him know that he has been removed from my watch list, I'm sure he would be relieved :)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I would love for someone to ask the ump, what he thought Bakes could have done in that position that would have kept the ball in better. The ball literally missed Pickett by less than 1m, he was stuck on the boundary, under pressure, what more could he have done to actually keep the ball in. I think their answer would defy physics but of course we aren't allowed to hear from the umps.
But we do have the umpires spokesperson on here who’ll be able to explain why this decision was correct.

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Point 1:

Before they started paying 50's last night,

I had noticed the umps just didnt seem to be bothered with telling the players were the mark was

no 'come back a metre jack' at all.

they were consistently 30-40m away and just gave no guidance whatsoever.

at one stage on our wing JR was standing the mark and appealed to ump 'wheres the *smile* mark ..... please?'

Brisbane seemed to be able to stroll up to wherever they thought was a reasonable place to stand and it was consistently 5m over the mark?

this continued all night. seemed pisseak and lazy by the umps.

Point 2:

Brisbane kicked sub 10m passes right in front of us three times with the mark paid.

Point 3:

The DOB was absurd. Ivans was a half volley soccer wasn't it? Lionel Messi couldn't have *smile* kept it in.

Point 4:

they have been hot, but consistent with HTB. Last night they were cold and inconsistent.

This OGorman *smile* has gone passed Razor and Doughboy as my most hated.

it was a campaign by that *smile* last night.

Hopefully he's dropped for an atrocious, lazy, partial, inconsistent, poorly positioned, terribly communicated job,

and his day job is in a meat works

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I used to have Matt Stevic on my list, but after umpiring us in two Premierships, he has now been removed. I said to my wife that I should contact him and let him know that he has been removed from my watch list, I'm sure he would be relieved :)

Stevic was the king of soft frees early but has been the best in the game for a while.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
I would cop all the favouritism to opposition by the umps if it happened every second week, and we got our turn, but it seems relentless. Though its good to be the best despite all the help our oppositions get...

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I blame Richo. He was my role model :p

Richo yeah.
Cost me one night to run home in the wind & rain from Springvale to Burwood .
Made it to Glen Waverley before my feet & elements stopped in Glen Waverley.
Out of pity my friend came and got me from Glen Waverley drove me laughing at me all the way.
Nutcase I was over how the great man played with my emotions.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user