Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
It's no excuse for our feeble effort but where Hawthorn got their free kicks in front of goal really hurt us last night. The Wingard decsion the worst of them but they were sure red hot on any holding by our backs.

Counter that that most of our frees were in the back half of the ground.
There's been a lot of blocking going on off the ball against our forwards the past couple of games , to prevent their run at the ball that just hasn't been picked up by the umps. Our key talls have to be nearly murdered to win a free.
Again not an excuse for our poor performance but frustrating none the less.:mad:
Absolutely. Would not have made any difference to the result, but the umpiring was just appalling.

SO many free kicks, in a shortened version of the game. But without any consistency. Some of those frees that Gunston got are ignored when it happens to Lynch or Jack.

And the deliberate, then the Wingard holding the man almost had me starting a GoFundMe page for a new Panasonic.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I really think there needs to be a fan’s/members advocacy group that reminds the AFL who owns the game and what we want. If you can’t or won’t enforce the 1000 rules they need to be stripped down to the basics.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
5 goals from free's for the old codgers.
Stack holding the ball. Correct
Stack holding the ball. Correct.
Big V holding bresut. 50/50
Astbury holding Patton. Correct
Wingard high hit. Ridiculous decision.

90% of the free's paid to hawthorn were there, but i just don't understand how we struggle to just get 1 a game.
Last week, Bolton got one
Last night, Higgins got one.

Where's the holding/blocking free's to lynch
Catagna needs to be murdered before he gets a free kick.
He is always held and tackled illegally.

Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Of the frees I can remember,

The Wingard one should have been the other way. Flossy marginal, Soldo on O Brien very marginal, Stacky stiff IMO, he just picked up the ball and got tackled - query whether the ball was dropped or knocked out. Astbury one - Gee Dave must have been stupid because Patton had no play at the Grimes intercept.

I thought Soldo was poor but gee he got manhandled in a lot of marking contests for no rewards

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Is it just me or am I noticing the Tigers get called play on a lot for not going 15 metres whereas a lot more leniency in other games.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is it just me or am I noticing the Tigers get called play on a lot for not going 15 metres whereas a lot more leniency in other games.

Yep.
Hawthorn 3 times in the first qtr kicked the ball shorter then 15 meters without a play on call.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Just watched the replay of the free kick to Duckwood against Cartoon and the umpire who gave the free wasn't even looking at the two players and reacted to seeing Duckwood flop to the ground after he stepped into the path of the Blues player. Should have been a free kick to Cartoon for shepherding off the ball.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watched the replay of the free kick to Duckwood against Cartoon and the umpire who gave the free wasn't even looking at the two players and reacted to seeing Duckwood flop to the ground after he stepped into the path of the Blues player. Should have been a free kick to Cartoon for shepherding off the ball.

How about Selwood, pulling his to arm up to get a high tackle and the umpire fell for it in the last 2 minutes of the game.
Its a disgrace, they still reward free kicks to him for doing that.

Reactions: 1 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Words escape me right now.

a stitch up of mass proportions today still couldn’t get the Dees over the line.

Justice prevails

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
This new HTB interpretation is going to the umpires heads and another stick to beat the life out of the game

Agree. The difference between holding the ball and 'no genuine attempt' is so artificial.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The best of the 3 games i watched this weekend.
I Love the way they called holding the ball.
*smile* this pretending your getting of it by puching your own arm

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The worst display of umpiring tonight. The inconsistency by them does my head in.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Hard to complain after a win but boy they were a disgrace. How biased can they be? One rule for Lions and one for us. Joke.

Reactions: 6 users