Vale Stella Young | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Vale Stella Young

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-08/stella-young-dies-aged-32-writer-comedian-disability-activist/5950640
5950756-16x9-340x191.jpg

Stella Young, writer, comedian and disability activist, dies aged 32; tributes flow for 'passionate advocate'

Updated yesterday at 10:52amMon 8 Dec 2014, 10:52am
Stella Young Photo: Stella Young edited the ABC's disability news and opinion website, Ramp Up. (ABC News)
Related Story: Watch: Stella Young in her own words
Map: Melbourne 3000

Prominent disability activist, writer and comedian Stella Young has died at the age of 32.

A statement from her family said she passed away unexpectedly in Melbourne on Saturday evening.

Young was born in Stawell, country Victoria, with osteogenesis imperfecta, a genetic disorder that causes bones to break easily.

At the age of 14 she began a life of advocacy in which she campaigned for the disabled community.

"With great sadness we acknowledge the passing of Stella Young, our much-loved and irreplaceable daughter and sister," the family said.

"Stella passed away on Saturday evening, unexpectedly, but in no pain.
Audio: Listen to Rachel Carbonell's report (PM)

"A private funeral will take place soon, followed by a public event in Melbourne, with more details to come."

I listened to Stella over the last few years and it is a shame her voice will not be heard anymore.