VFL 1st Qualifying Final V Essendon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL 1st Qualifying Final V Essendon

The Jacob Townsend tackle was fair and hard.

Its amazing how umpires see a good hard tackle and immediately give a free. ITS NOT BASKETBALL!!!

The umpire said Dangerous Tackle then said it was on report for Rough Conduct!!! So tackling hard is now Rough Conduct!

What a load of crock. A good HARD tackle was all it was.

Long tippy toed after that and didnt have much of an impact from then on LOL.

If Townsend gets rubbed out then the game is another step towards soft.

Reactions: 3 users

Its amazing how umpires see a good hard tackle and immediately give a free. ITS NOT BASKETBALL!!!

The umpire didn't even call the sling tackle, he said it was on report for Rough Conduct!!! So tackling hard is now Rough Conduct!

If Townsend gets rubbed out the game is another step towards soft.
I'm fairly confident that Towner will be ok with the tackle, but think he might come under scrutiny for contact to the head earlier in the game.

Thought we were way too tall for the match

Nank, Chol, CCJ, Miller,, Moore left us a runner or two short for the match.

Reactions: 1 users
Well that was a little bit special. Can't help but think that final qtr turn around will give the whole club a bit more confidence and belief going into the finals. Enough Seniors were there to get lifted by what happened.

Reactions: 1 users
Thought we were way too tall for the match

Nank, Chol, CCJ, Miller,, Moore left us a runner or two short for the match.
If we're playing to win the prelim, Beasley, Ballard and Silvestro come in for Miller and two of Moore/English/RCD/Markov.

Reactions: 1 user
If we're playing to win the prelim, Beasley, Ballard and Silvestro come in for Miller and two of Moore/English/RCD/Markov.

I thought RCD played like a wild animal. Id definitely play him through the finals.

But yeah, those VFL blokes should play

The umpire said Dangerous Tackle then said it was on report for Rough Conduct!!! So tackling hard is now Rough Conduct!

If Townsend gets rubbed out then the game is another step towards soft.
The crowd on Bomberblitz wanted him suspended for life.

If he gets a week then surely he plays in the VFL prellim as he pays for his suspension by not being eligible for the AFL this week.

Otherwise known as the "Inverted Stephenson Interpretation" :gotiges
What’s the bet the AFL wouldn’t sanction it.

If he gets a week then surely he plays in the VFL prellim as he pays for his suspension by not being eligible for the AFL this week.

Otherwise known as the "Inverted Stephenson Interpretation" :gotiges
That only works if you play for Collingwood and get done for off field activities.

They’re still not sure if it was the umps or the clock that beat them.

When does the VFL tribunal, or whatever they have, sit? Would like to know that JT got off.

Not sure the druggies will recover from that loss. The players looked completely devastated after the match. It was a beautiful moment.

Couldn't find this posted elsewhere but if i has, apologies in advance.

Hope Fly remains the passionate Richmond man he's become!

Couldn't find this posted elsewhere but if i has, apologies in advance.

Hope Fly remains the passionate Richmond man he's become!
Thanks for posting aoc1974, it was a good listen. Amazing that they've had 50 players play for them this year.