VFL Rd 11 v Coburg | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 11 v Coburg

E

easy_tiger

Didnt listen and interested to hear reports and glad to hear $hai keeps putting it together,

and I know you can only play the opposition that's out there,

but in my experience form in 90 drubbings is pretty meaningless.

I feel for the old stand alone VFL sides.

I dunno how the VFL watchers feel, but I reckon AFL reserves sides should play other AFL reserves sides, even if it means AFL subsidising flying.

and the old frankstons and coburgs should have a suburban league of their own?

J

Jumping Jack

MalenyTiger said:
Who is Zombie?

Callum Coleman-Jones... will be a player for us. Genuine ruck/forward or other way round if you wish.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Richmond VFL

Verified account

@RichmondVFL
Follow Follow @RichmondVFL
More
Shai Bolton glides across the Holm Park turf, puts the ball into the path of Luke Nelson, who strolls into the open goal.

104 27

#gotiges #VFL

8:24 PM - 14 Jun 2019
8 Likes Redhead Kareeming Robyn KeherDylan PellisPeter ManolisNathan CoyMichelle
0 replies 0 retweets 8 likes
Reply Retweet Like 8

'glides' is definitely the word.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Without seeing the game, the biggest positives for me is the continued good form of CCJ and the improved numbers of RCD , 2 crucial kids going forward

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Mr Brightside said:
Without seeing the game, the biggest positives for me is the continued good form of CCJ and the improved numbers of RCD , 2 crucial kids going forward

was counting RCDs stats with one of his mum's today, was good fun !!

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Bolton was very good again in VFL today - 36 poss

All 8 AFL players played really well actually

Weller / RCD / CJ / Smith / Marcov / Aarts and Townsend

Townsend kicked 5 and took 9 marks

RCD best game with 23 dis and 2 goals

We were playing a side near the bottom so I suppose the AFL players should stand out against a non aligned team.

Number 58 Harris - our 23 player - has played the last 3 games and is a good mover.

Soldo didn't play - either did Turner

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
RCD's best game for the club today.

Maybe a bit of an excuse for his poor 8 possession game last week, went into that game with Tonsillitis.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
lukeanddad said:
I know you are a lot closer to the VFL than I am...

I was very optimistic about Markov in 2017/18, but he seems to be the forgotten man these days. I saw him as quicker, more attacking than Brando and tougher than Bach and Menadue. Yet it now seems that his position is pretty tenuous.

I know he's had injuries, but from your viewing, is there potential for him to fill a backline spot in the seniors later this season?

Markov is done at the RFC IMO he needs to go elsewhere if he still wants to be on an AFL list in 2021.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Team Selection will be interesting against the Saints with

Cotch / Edwards / Astbury / Lambert / Soldo all available

Bolton should be in

How many changes will they make

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
lukeanddad said:
I know you are a lot closer to the VFL than I am...

I was very optimistic about Markov in 2017/18, but he seems to be the forgotten man these days. I saw him as quicker, more attacking than Brando and tougher than Bach and Menadue. Yet it now seems that his position is pretty tenuous.

I know he's had injuries, but from your viewing, is there potential for him to fill a backline spot in the seniors later this season?

I have a lot of time for this Bach guy myself. Think he has a future - seems a very organ-ised player who spreads harmony through the squad.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
craig said:
Markov is done at the RFC IMO he needs to go elsewhere if he still wants to be on an AFL list in 2021.

I can't say his future at RFC is assured, but I really disagree re Oleg. He just hasn't had any continuity so his form has been patchy but he has shown plenty at VFL level - good height, speedy with fair endurance, reasonably good, long kick, willing to contest hard, team-player who can also take a good grab.

He's still only a kid - just turned 23. Needs another P/S in the gym to add more size and muscle; still only 82kg at 188cm. He has the modern player's attributes - a good athlete. Just allow him a bit more time, I reckon he can get there ... with Bachar looking at the end in another year or two, and people are writing Menadue off as well. It would be stupid to cut them both, only to see Oleg at least go and succeed in SA or somewhere.

PS - Besides, one of the Balkan boys! Don't *smile* off the BBs - at your own risk!