VFL Rd 13 v Sandringham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 13 v Sandringham

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
RCD not in best.

Weller, Townsend 3 Goals , Higgins 2 goals and Smith all were very good

Menadue good up to half time when he went off as the carry over emerg

Balta played permanent back all day - no ruck

Garth gave Coleman Jones a chop out in ruck.

Umpiring very ordinary - not sure how many frees we got but be in single figures

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
They had RCD in the bests today Caesar. Is this how you and Taz saw it mate?

I certainly wouldn't have had RCD in bests, he did show his strength in packs and ability to release the ball on a few occasion, in one instance he had the ball and run through and over the top of a Sandy player who was left doubled up on the ground , i assume it was a fair hit and not a high fend off. He had a couple of bursts away from packs that caught the eye but his stat count was very low.
Just like in his junior footy his challenge is to better get from contest to contest and find more ball.
PS: Believe Towner and Morrow reported with accidental/careless in play instances both may get a week or get off IMO?

Reactions: 1 users

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
I certainly wouldn't have had RCD in bests, he did show his strength in packs and ability to release the ball on a few occasion, in one instance he had the ball and run through and over the top of a Sandy player who was left doubled up on the ground , i assume it was a fair hit and not a high fend off. He had a couple of bursts away from packs that caught the eye but his stat count was very low.
Just like in his junior footy his challenge is to better get from contest to contest and find more ball.
PS: Believe Towner and Morrow reported with accidental/careless in play instances both may get a week or get off IMO?

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
RCD will be in trouble too with elbow he gave out

player left ground too

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
RCD will be in trouble too with elbow he gave out

player left ground too
Thanks for clarifying, i didn't see the elbow watching live, the Sandy light towers are as bad as they are at PRO at it was black as a dogs guts out there.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
hover over the posters name in any post or their profile & the follow / ignore buttons will be shown, simply click & you wont see Zipps posts ever again !!
So that's where they hide the frigging thing. How the hell is an old fart like me supposed to know where to go hunting for secret buttons? Thanks taz.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Does wet weather footy still exist?

Why try and pick the ball up in congestion?

Why all the cute hand passing?

Just bat, paddle, knock, kick, tap, push it forward into space FFS!!!

Too much finessin' in the rucks for this kind of weather orrr... maybe i'm just an old codger and its different now.
Yep. Bloody lucky we jumped them in the first qtr, we were fairly ordinary after that.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I think the Zebras played better wet weather footy than us after quarter time. I'm staggered at how poor some of our wet weather skills were.

Also, he ball was also clearly magnetised to the right wing yet a lot of players didn't adjust for the wind carry.

I'd school them all for few hours in the classroom on Tuesday. Kindergarten stuff really.

But like I said maybe I'm just too ol'school. It was so systematic, it was almost a deliberate ploy to try get possession of the soap in close to force a stop play.

Fine in good weather but in the eye of a storm, it's footy suicide.

Reactions: 1 user

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Thought RCD went well up to half time, strong tackles and a commitment to run through packs (at least attempt to). CCJ was a disappointment along with the other 'talls' in our forward line seemed to lack pace and reading of the ball in flight. Sandy had some big backs and our plan (if it was the plan) to kick it long in the 3rd did not work as the talls were out muscled and the smalls were non existent. The wind decreased quite a lot in the 3rd quarter and there was no rain so any advantage to us was reduced and Sandy lifted defensively. Last quarter was a nightmare with a very strong wind and blanket rain we did well to not only hold on but score against the tide. My son and I did well to stay the distance under the scoreboard. Hats off to Morris and Towner who give their all with little praise, without them we would have lost the game. Backline was teriffic, the Egg, Balta and the VFL boys were hard tough and not without a lot of skill. Menadue best on ground till he was taken off. I was critical of Naish not attacking a contest until I was told he had been crunched earlier and probably had broken/sore ribs. Agree comments on Weller just a trier. We should be looking for some young key position players over 195 who can take contested marks. Brander of west Coast should be on our radar. All in all worth the drenching to witness the spirit and energy of our boys and coaching staff.

Reactions: 2 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Was a real tough day to make any judgement on players. The weather played havoc and really slowed the game for the team against the wind. I wouldn't be drawing any heavy conclusions on players from that game especially our omitted group.