VFL Rd 15 v Werribee | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 15 v Werribee

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Who was injured?
Ballard was stretchered off in the third quarter, Weller was off from halfway through the third, Baker sat out the last. I got there at half time and didn't see Miller at all so I don't know if he took the field.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Ballard was stretchered off in the third quarter, Weller was off from halfway through the third, Baker sat out the last. I got there at half time and didn't see Miller at all so I don't know if he took the field.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
A real battle was the win. Always in control but could not break away. Graham was carry over emergency and did not play. Caddy was best
Miller only played first half and Baker & Weller did not play in Last. Coleman Jones coming along nicely

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A real battle was the win. Always in control but could not break away. Graham was carry over emergency and did not play. Caddy was best
Miller only played first half and Baker & Weller did not play in Last. Coleman Jones coming along nicely
Yep, liked what I saw with CJ. Good ruck work and follow up at ground level. Baker was classy in his handling and use in the conditions. Like CJ, RCD is beginning to fill out. Had some moments and ground away.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
With more development in CuJo and Chol I can't see a place for Soldo. He'll just clog their growth.

I see it differently TBH.

A huge bloke like Soldo, absorbing minutes of punishment at either level, is essential for their development

I haven't really seen Criminal, but Im pretty excited about Mabs athleticism.

He looks like he could jump on Nic Nats head any day now.

Ivan is like the sparring partner behind every heavyweight title fight

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
A huge bloke like Soldo, absorbing minutes of punishment at either level, is essential for their development

I haven't really seen Criminal, but Im pretty excited about Mabs athleticism.

I know what you're saying but I think Soldo has little further upside and he can be replaced on the list by another strong developed state league rookie to cover for Chol and CuJo (and Nank if required).

Have a look at one of the VFL games they stream live to see CuJo (they remain online afterwards on youtube). He's still developing physically, but you can see the smarts he has. After another pre-season he'll be past Soldo. Maybe Chol too, though Chol's athleticism is freakish even if his efforts are inconsistent.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Watched a little bit of VFL yesterday & was quite impressed with CCJ, his tap work is good & around the ground is as well. The other thing I liked was that he didn't take any cr@p when the push & shove was on, he also looks after the smaller blokes. A couple of years of development & he'll be a very good asset for us.
We just need to be patient.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep, liked what I saw with CJ. Good ruck work and follow up at ground level. Baker was classy in his handling and use in the conditions. Like CJ, RCD is beginning to fill out. Had some moments and ground away.
Saw some positive signs for RCD after being disappointed in his season so far. Seemed to get contest to contest better today, a couple of Towner like tackles. On three occasions, in quick succession, he showed great endeavour to make the play but took a couple of ordinary tap on and soccer kicking options rather than taking possession of the ball which would have turned a fair game into a good game. Still only a 17 disposals game , 9 kicks and 8 handalls, (which is a much better K/H ratio), & 8 tackles.
Agree a big frame and body filling out, someone who should know said he is 191cm so unless he has another growth spurt that will be it, still the biggest midfielder in our midst.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How did Naish go? Haven't heard much since being dropped.
Had a pretty good game, 21 disposals, 14 kicks 7 handballs 6 marks no tackles though. Two of his kicks were outrageously good 40 to 50 metre centering kicks, heart in mouth stuff, that if not made could have been dangerous turnovers but he backed himself, threaded the needle and made them.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
thanks Caes.
Most probably that, slowly bring the kid back. It has been our MO for most other players, except Short.
Miller is still young and if he comes on then he's a key piece of the puzzle

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
and sorry what about Lego?
he played full forward last week, did he do it again?