VFL Rd 16 v BoxHill | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 16 v BoxHill

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mini revival from Box Hill, 18 points difference. Caddy not sighted.

Hard to be sighted when Caddy was pulled at 3/4 time, both he and Kmac who didn't play with short 5 day turn around if he had of played are potential recalls along with Nank.

Having said that Naish was brilliant today, (i would happily give Naish a 2 year extension in what i am seeing).

CCJ moving really well around the ground, had the crowd gasping as he got higher than i thought possible for the big man, unfortunately didn't take mark.

Eggs very good and clean mopped up countless times.

Leggo got the space and led, marked and kicked well for his 4:1.

Menadue a really good game and 2 goals

Balta ok

Pretty good across the board from our AFL listed boys to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hard to be sighted when Caddy was pulled at 3/4 time, both he and Kmac who didn't play with short 5 day turn around if he had of played are potential recall along with Nank.

Having said that Naish was brilliant today.

CCJ moving really well around the ground, had the crowd gasping as he got higher than i thought possible for the big man, unfortunately didn't take mark.

Eggs very good and clean mopped up countless times.

Leggo got the space and led, marked and kicked well for his 4:1.

Balta ok

yeah, watching on the stream you have no idea who's on the bench or not Caesar, hence I said he was not sighted :) . What did you think of Caddy's game? I didn't watch the whole thing but didn't notice him much.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
we have a pretty comprehensive policy on those guys.
Markov's playing more like Castagna, leading out or fly-ing for marks. Insurance. Different to Butler, but probably just as capable as him in that role if Rioli went down.

Butler annoys me. Twice when I was watching he went bouncing through the middle only to stuff up a beautiful entry - too much like my early dating attempts and I don't want to relive that at the footy.

Spudler seems to run into tackles but not be able to absorb it and get a handball out.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
yeah, watching on the stream you have no idea who's on the bench or not Caesar, hence I said he was not sighted :) . What did you think of Caddy's game? I didn't watch the whole thing but didn't notice him much.

Pretty solid without shooting the lights out.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Markov's playing more like Castagna, leading out or fly-ing for marks. Insurance. Different to Butler, but probably just as capable as him in that role if Rioli went down.

Butler annoys me. Twice when I was watching he went bouncing through the middle only to stuff up a beautiful entry - too much like my early dating attempts and I don't want to relive that at the footy.

Spudler seems to run into tackles but not be able to absorb it and get a handball out.

Frustrating. He can look a million dollars but then does dumb stuff like this.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Pretty solid without shooting the lights out.

Thanks Caesar. I just don't see a compelling case to replace any of our forwards or mids with him right now. Of course, Dimma and the gang might have another cunning plan.

Feb 25, 2007
Courtesy of BF:

Naish 31 disposals (22 kicks 9 handballs) 9 marks 2 tackles 1.1
Egg-Smith 26 disposals (14 kicks 12 handballs) 9 marks 5 tackles
Caddy 18 disposals (11 kicks 7 handballs) 6 marks 2 tackles 3/4 game time
English 18 disposals (11 kicks 7 handballs) 3 marks 0.2
Menadue 18 disposals (13 kicks 5 handballs) 6 marks 2 tackles 2.0
Townsend 18 disposals (14 kicks 4 handballs) 4 marks 3 tackles 1.0
Butler 17 disposals (12 kicks 5 handballs) 1 mark 5 tackles 2.1
Balta 15 disposals (13 kicks 2 handballs) 6 marks 1 hitout
CCJ 15 disposals (7 kicks 8 handballs) 4 marks 3 tackles 12 hitouts 1.0
Garthwaite 15 disposals (10 kicks 4 handballs) 5 marks 4 tackles
RCD 14 disposals (10 kicks 4 handballs) 4 marks 8 tackles
Markov 14 disposals (11 kicks 3 handballs) 4 marks 2 tackles 4.1
Aarts 11 disposals (7 kicks 4 handballs) 3 marks 1 tackle
Miller 10 disposals (8 kicks 2 handballs) 5 marks 2 tackles
Nankervis 8 disposals (4 kicks 4 handballs) 1 mark 3 tackles 13 hitouts 1.0 1/2 game time

Reactions: 2 users

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Went along today.

Oleg, Naish and Egg were best. Menadue also good. All 4 these guys look a class above VFL IMO.

Towner good in the first half.

Collier-Dawkins played alot in the midfield. Did ok without really stamping himself on the game.

Nank and Caddy seemed to be rested in the last. Caddy decent.

Butler a bit of a shambles. Would be nice if we can get a trade for him.

Miller invisible. Garthwaite good.

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Thanks guys for all the comments on VFL matches a number of us are unable to get to or even stream. We all have our favourite players as can be seen by some contrary remarks but I get the overall drift that we have some serious players in VFL right now with a number knocking on the AFL door waiting for an opening to prove themselves. Even more pleasing is the youngsters leading the way.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Cadds swapped between wing & ruck rover, was OK, didn't see muck of Dimma's "different role"

Lego played as a traditional lead up FF

Dekka was very composed & looked too good for the level

We have a ripper in CJ , played against Ceglar & Pittonet & occasional Roughead & was V good

Patty Naish, WOW BOG, class personified

Noah started brilliantly & held his own playing as deepest defender in the absence of Hugh Beasley

Geezer was OK as was Gong

Toby was exceptional in the 1/2 he played

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With the likliehood of players like Ross, Pickett, Ballard, Beasley as well as the possibility of a Short or Baker coming into this side for the finals, the VFL lads are going to take some beating

Really like Naish and Eggs game, liked the signs from CJ, Balta an RCD and thought it was English’s best game, was a bit messy, however certainly throws himself in there.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Balta looked best when able to stream out of defence. Not sure from the video how he was as a defender. Strange that he started forward in the last given they’re trying to teach him the defensive structures.

Egg and Naish were well above the level but as we’ve seen the next step up has been a bridge too far for our depth players in recent years.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Oleg is an interesting case. Can he mimic the Hawk Gunston as a fast nimble marking target? And prove a difficult matchup for backmen like Howe at the pies or Henry / Stewart at the cats.
In the AFL matches he hasnt shown guile or forward craft, so its a steep learning curve.
Do we lose too much in pressure/tackling?

We already struggle to include Caddy, so I cant see it this year. But an interesting experiment

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
I don’t see how Caddy gets in? High HF doubling back maybe. But what happens with Chol then? Interesting times.