VFL Rd 17 v Geelong | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd 17 v Geelong

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
tigerman said:
Richmond

Goal Kickers: B. Lennon 3, S. Bolton 2, S. Lloyd 2, S. Mannagh 2, C. Moore, T. Stengle
Best Players: J. Townsend, J. Graham, J. Short, T. Hunt, B. Lennon, I. Maric

That tells me one thing. Tay Tay in the mix for Freo!!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Perhaps reward for good consistent efforts need to be shown to Townsend and Graham with selection in the seniors.
Would be more than happy to see Houli and Grigg dropped to make way for these two.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
CC TIGER said:
Who were your bests Smoking ?
I thought Townsend was our best.

I really liked what I saw from Lennon. Kicked his 3 goals but impacted well up the ground.

Short and Markov provided plenty of run and got us back in the game in the second half.

Not sure how Maric got in the bests. I thought he played like a geriatric. Chol going in the ruck was when we started to dominate.

Graham is one big unit. Almost KPP size.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Smoking Aces said:

I really liked what I saw from Lennon. Kicked his 3 goals but impacted well up the ground.

Short and Markov provided plenty of run and got us back in the game in the second half.

Not sure how Maric got in the bests. I thought he played like a geriatric. Chol going in the ruck was when we started to dominate.

Thanks SA.

His interesting cat is Chol.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
lamb22 said:
Based on yesterday's game he is about a 7 goals disadvantage, 21 points per half. About right I reckon!

Amazing though. You plonk Hampson in a team and it starts losing. Remarkably consistent since 2014 at both AFL and VFL level.

And a nice day to you too, Sir! ;D

Sure, the guy returns after no P/S and a debilitating L/T back injury and posters actually there such as SA and Tigerlove comment that he gradually got into it for the half a game he played and was useful. But, I bet you aren't there, yet you're such a weird, obsessive hater and slagger, that you have to make sarcastic comments?

Your understanding of logical thinking such as cause-and-effect is that of a simpleton. Your deluded mind thinks we actually lose games because Hampson or Hunt play a game? It's all down to their selection; like Hunt was to blame for the thrashing by the Aints? Just stop trying to convince others of this puerile, obsessive dross. It's become embarrassing.

For the record, more interested in the possibility of Chol being promoted if he's getting near ready to manage AFL level. Hammer may only have time left to assist the VFL team; Chol has played all season. Sir.

PS - How's your dismissal of Broad as another 'drone' going? Wrong again?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
CC TIGER said:
Thanks SA.

His interesting cat is Chol.
Chol was so laconic down back. They started him on Buzza and I thought he struggled. They definitely tried to isolate him one on one. But he was a different player on the ball. Made a big difference.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Smoking Aces said:
Chol was so laconic down back. They started him on Buzza and I thought he struggled. They definitely tried to isolate him one on one. But he was a different player on the ball. Made a big difference.

198 cm
Give me Chol as ruck fwd back up to Nankervis ahead of Soldo any day.
Chol is so mobile

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There's a few players putting their hands up for selection.

Graham 19 disposals, 11 tackles, 3 inside 50's, 2 rebound 50's
Short 21 disposals, 5 inside 50's, 3 rebound 50's
Menadue 22 disposals, 6 inside 50's, 4 redound 50's
Markov 21 disposals, 3 inside 50's 5 rebound 50's.

E

easy_tiger

tigerman said:
There's a few players putting their hands up for selection.

Graham 19 disposals, 11 tackles, 3 inside 50's, 2 rebound 50's
Short 21 disposals, 5 inside 50's, 3 rebound 50's
Menadue 22 disposals, 6 inside 50's, 4 redound 50's
Markov 21 disposals, 3 inside 50's 5 rebound 50's.

Towner seemed everywhere on the highlights. Do you have his number Tman?

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
lamb22 said:
Based on yesterday's game he is about a 7 goals disadvantage, 21 points per half. About right I reckon!

Amazing though. You plonk Hampson in a team and it starts losing. Remarkably consistent since 2014 at both AFL and VFL level.

And a nice day to you too, Sir! ;D
lol
I agree hampson was washed up before his injuries. now even further from afl or vfl level....
he may get a game in our afl side soon enuf though as dimma is still coaching......

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Smoking Aces said:

Hey Smoking Graham only 180cm so nowhere near KPP size:

Inside Midfielder (North Adelaide/South Australia)
25/02/1998 | 180.3cm | 81.1kg

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Hammer video up on RFC site, picked one up of the laces, quaterzone must have worked a treat ;D

Looks good and should be ready to go. Definite in for Soldo.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
leon said:
PS - How's your dismissal of Broad as another 'drone' going? Wrong again?

Early days Leon, but he is looking OK. Thought he was ordinary first up but defensively improved since then. Still looks tentative occasionally and his short kicking can be iffy. However looks like a player that improves a lot once settled in a team or position.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
lamb22 said:
Early days Leon, but he is looking OK. Thought he was ordinary first up but defensively improved since then. Still looks tentative occasionally and his short kicking can be iffy. However looks like a player that improves a lot once settled in a team or position.

You have to reward consistent good form in the VFL. Then when you do have a need and promote them, I believe they must come in and play a useful game to justify their place. But give them 3-5 games to see if they can really make it at the level. From there, expect considerable improvement over another season. Broad's been reasonable so far.

Things to work on with his disposal and poise with ball in hand, but his toughness and intercept marking is encouraging. Looks like another back who can play on talls and smalls too. Shows some broad-appeal:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-08-14/broad-appeal

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
caesar said:
Hey Smoking Graham only 180cm so nowhere near KPP size:

Inside Midfielder (North Adelaide/South Australia)
25/02/1998 | 180.3cm | 81.1kg
Only 181cm??

That can't be right.

Anyway he is built like a brick shithouse.