VFL Round 14 • Geelong v Richmond - 12pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 14 • Geelong v Richmond - 12pm

Feb 25, 2007
I'd say our 5 best were.

Stack - 16 disposals, 1 goal and 8 tackles
Cumberland - 15 disposals, 4 goals
Banks - 20 disposals, 4 tackles
Mansell - 17 disposals, 5 tackles
Aarts - 23 disposals, 2 goals and 3 tackles

Reactions: 2 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Really fantastic, gutsy, come behind win on the away ground.

Best -
Stack - Was classy and hungry. Ready for promotion
Cumberland - Always looks dangerous in the 50 and plays with aggression
Ryan - Competed really well and some nice taps to advantage
Sonsie- Another good game. Showed more composure and urgency.

Mansell was brave, Aarts was his usual competive self. Georgie did enough for a pass.

Honourable mentions to:
Bauer - Gives a great contest in the air and follows up on the ground. Very impressive skills and I’m a big fan already.

Faimarlo - really great second half. Hard attack on ball and very clean kicking from the backline.

Banks- Worked into it and was crucial with his run late. Few soft efforts in first half.

Brown - Some good stuff with some not so good. Still learning to play against men.

Millar - Was pretty good without dominating.

RCD - worked pretty hard and had a decent game.

- Put a line through Biggie. Simply won’t be AFL standard. Dow was not great.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I'd say our 5 best were.

Stack - 16 disposals, 1 goal and 8 tackles
Cumberland - 15 disposals, 4 goals
Banks - 20 disposals, 4 tackles
Mansell - 17 disposals, 5 tackles
Aarts - 23 disposals, 2 goals and 3 tackles
Stack’s presence in contests was excellent. Has to go back to AFL now.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Bauer can potentially be a Jack replacement - it’ll just mean Lynch & resting ruck would be the two main talls.

Bauer can play tall and on the ground, so it’ll be interesting to see how he fits in around that in either 2023 or 2024.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Really fantastic, gutsy, come behind win on the away ground.

Best -
Stack - Was classy and hungry. Ready for promotion
Cumberland - Always looks dangerous in the 50 and plays with aggression
Ryan - Competed really well and some nice taps to advantage
Sonsie- Another good game. Showed more composure and urgency.

Mansell was brave, Aarts was his usual competive self. Georgie did enough for a pass.

Honourable mentions to:
Bauer - Gives a great contest in the air and follows up on the ground. Very impressive skills and I’m a big fan already.

Faimarlo - really great second half. Hard attack on ball and very clean kicking from the backline.

Banks- Worked into it and was crucial with his run late. Few soft efforts in first half.

Brown - Some good stuff with some not so good. Still learning to play against men.

Millar - Was pretty good without dominating.

RCD - worked pretty hard and had a decent game.

- Put a line through Biggie. Simply won’t be AFL standard. Dow was not great.
Hide Faimarlo Bumbers will be sniffing around...

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Anyone know where you could watch a replay of the game? Flick me a link pretty please.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Try Seven plus.
You will just need to create an Account ( no cost ).
There is also a VFL app you can get too.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thought Stack was good without been great , in saying that absolute perfect time and game to bring him back in .

though probably a couple of pre seasons of think we have to very good players in Brown and Banks , both show signs of AFL traits .

Liking what Bauer offers as a third tall going forward , seems to get hands on the ball in pack situations consistentply.

A player I liked has me worried now , always been question marks on his kicking and want to always handball , however atm he is really struggling to find the ball and have an impact.

I hope we persist with the 2 QLD boys next year, they are no guarantees of making the grade I just think MartYn and Cumberland have a bit to work with . I hope Morro gives MartYn some midfield minutes going forward.

Not totally unhappy with Colina , for his size he moves fairly well, be interesting to see where his footy is at in 12 months .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Excellent run over the top of em win for the boys today.
Big game from Stacky, was hungry n aggressive for the contest, niggled a calf in the second qtr but still had plenty of positive influence. Wants a senior slot.
Nigel worked his arse off all game, kids not pretty but never stops cracking in.
Cummerbund was deadly in our forward half when he got ball.
Delilah just didn't stop working, somehow managed to get plenty of love from the maggots, might be time to give him another look ahead of Soldo.
Bauer's very interesting for a third forward slot next year. Got enough pace, composure, smarts, skill etc. Love to see him play after a full pre season with us.
Sonsie????? Dunno, tidy, composed, pretty, outside footballer at the moment. Didn't influence much game until we were all over the Moggies in the last.
Miller grew into the game n kept growing the longer the game went on, got some run n tidy ball use coming out of the back half.
Brown n Banks got better later in the game when things opened up.
Aarts n Georgie were solid as senior players without dominating.
Biggie, yeah nah almost. Wound up going forward n sneaking a sausage but not much influence.
R2D2, Dow, Parker, Martyn not that much to write home about, tried hard, but.
Mate probably needs another year in the magoos after this one before anyone can even guess what he's got for footy. Probably about the same standard at the moment as U.S.A. in his first year of footy.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Agree with the above analysis.
However I’m not totally unhappy with Biggie. Still reckon he will be one of key backs in next few seasons. One of the COVID kids, missed so much footy at a critical time in his development. Need to consider him as a first year player.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Agree with the above analysis.
However I’m not totally unhappy with Biggie. Still reckon he will be one of key backs in next few seasons. One of the COVID kids, missed so much footy at a critical time in his development. Need to consider him as a first year player.
How about Biggie's goal after the 3/4 time siren, that takes a bit of skill.