VFL Round 17 v Werribee 10:45 at PRO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 17 v Werribee 10:45 at PRO

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Balta kicks one from 50, jeez he can kick a ball, it looked nothing more than a toe-poke.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
As per Twitter...

FT: A six-goal-to-zip final term blows the margin out to 86 points.

Callum Moore starred with 5 goals!.

18.16 (124) def. W 5.8 (38)

#gotiges #PJVFL

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So why did we drop him, CMoore? Just when he is starting to show signs of stepping up to the level. We are far too impatient and harsh on our VFL players once selected for 1st. Look at the difference with Higgins where many called for him to be dropped for being not ready. However, selectors persevered and some injuries etc. helped him keep his place. Now we are reaping the benefits and he has almost cemented his place. Thought Moore did a lot of good things in his last match except clutch some marks. We need to make him a long-term investment.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
leon said:
So why did we drop him, CMoore? Just when he is starting to show signs of stepping up to the level. We are far too impatient and harsh on our VFL players once selected for 1st. Look at the difference with Higgins where many called for him to be dropped for being not ready. However, selectors persevered and some injuries etc. helped him keep his place. Now we are reaping the benefits and he has almost cemented his place. Thought Moore did a lot of good things in his last match except clutch some marks. We need to make him a long-term investment.

Maybe because he didn't put defensive pressure on opposition backman when he got his chance. Just hasn't been able to impose himself at AFL level will get another chance to show what he can do

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Only partly agree with you. I saw apply defensive pressure quite often, he chases and tackles plus just worries them with his speed. But he might not do it enough as yet. Perhaps his tank is not there yet for the level, like most young players could run out of gas, but it also depends on if he's close enough to impact. It's hard to judge the distance from TV coverage for example.

linuscambridge

Tiger Superstar
Jul 13, 2004
leon said:

I think this is a throw back to the bad old days when we were rubbish and if you showed a bit in your first few games we all got a semi and wrote the players name in the permanent texta on the white board. We’ve got the cup in the sideboard, sitting on top of the ladder, “nearly” is not good enough anymore. He’s got time and there’s plenty in the 2nds that deserve a shot.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
leon said:
We have to give the selectors more credit as they have the stats and reports of the opposition and decide to play horses for courses whatever we think. Just see the difference Townsend made today as Moore's replacement in the firsts. He worked hard, defended well and put the fear of god in some of the Pies so is selection was justified in my opinion. Quite a few of our young VFL guns should have a future with us over the next few years and their day will come- hopefully

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
I never get a chance to watch the seniors from the boundary so it was great today to watch the reserves so close up
I could not believe Balta - when he came down our end I thought it must be some seasoned player till I realised who it was
For a first year tall to be so big and strong is amazing
to me he looks exactly like Koutafides
His kicking was powerful and sensational
He could play anywhere but really could be that huge big bodied mid fielder we all dream about
Impressed!!!!!!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
TigerForce said:
Get Cal back in and leave him in. Baker debuting was a mistake.
True Baker didn't give that much but showed he could move into attacking positions but let himself down by poor kicking. Moore's performance in his first AFL game this season was no better. Moore still has a lot of learning to do as has Baker

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Only saw the first quarter, really liking Naishs progression, Balta is a freak , could be anything, loving the rapid improvement from Miller in the second half of the season, his a bit of a unique beast.