VFL Round 18 V Casey | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 18 V Casey

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We don’t bury teams in ether the seniors nor the 2nds.
Any time a team kicks 5 goals, you would expect the other team to win by heaps.
We don’t.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Bank the points and move on
Getting game time into players coming back from injury

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
CJ, Pickett, Naish, Turner, Nank, KMac, Ross (12 touches in a half)

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Balta was good too. Attended a couple of centre bounces in the last as a ruck rover.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Nank ross naish pickett egg balta turner menadue markov garth ccj rcd. That's alotta depth

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As an old Springy lad, its sad knowing the Mighty Vales are associated with those #godeez playing inCranbourne.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I can see why the coaches are excited about Marlion Pickett.

He knows how to find the football. He has no fear. He is not slow. He tackles. He is not shy to jump for pack marks and he is cool as a cucumber under pressure.

I thought he started off a bit shaky, kept throwing it onto the boot too much but it wasn't long before he started to pick up the pace of the game. By the 4th quarter (of which he only played the first 10mins) you could see he was comfortable.

He had a few highlights but 2 stood out for me.

1. Demons player and Pickett are about to collide head on into a stationary ball. He took the impact and won the ball.
2. In the last quarter he flushed the ball out of congestion through needle point advantage which raised a "whoa" from the grandstand.

I know its early days but I think he brings a different dynamic to the midfield group and you can tell the difference between him and say an RCD/Townsend. He is cleaner and knows how to find the ball inside and outside the packs better. Give him another VFL game and bring him in for the WCE game.

Jack Ross could easily step back into the Seniors. He didn't miss a beat in his limited minutes. So composed under pressure and really knows how to find the ball and distribute it well.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Probably as good of spread of positives asi can remember from one game, imho there’s a few lads who played vfl yesterday who won’t play much vfl after this year.