VFL TOTY | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL TOTY

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
15B217C7-9BEB-4417-809E-86F6205317AC.jpeg

The VFL TOTY. There’s 8 AFL listed players named (Gould, Taylor, Amartey, Burgess, Moyle, Dunstan, Hayes, Mathieson). Can’t see Hore, Declase, Gribble, Cavarra, Downie, Fordham or White getting an AFL gig.

Best chances of getting a go at AFL level are Phillips (Fothergill Round medalist) as a tall defender, Jack Maibaum a long shot as a CHB, Taylin Duman as the medium defender, Boyd Woodcock as a small forward, Fergus Greene as a medium forward and Jacob Dawson as an on baller. The Bulldogs love drafting guys from their VFL team so Sullivan a chance especially if Dunkley goes. But no real “draft me” certainties.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
View attachment 16782

The VFL TOTY. There’s 8 AFL listed players named (Gould, Taylor, Amartey, Burgess, Moyle, Dunstan, Hayes, Mathieson). Can’t see Hore, Declase, Gribble, Cavarra, Downie, Fordham or White getting an AFL gig.

Best chances of getting a go at AFL level are Phillips (Fothergill Round medalist) as a tall defender, Jack Maibaum a long shot as a CHB, Taylin Duman as the medium defender, Boyd Woodcock as a small forward, Fergus Greene as a medium forward and Jacob Dawson as an on baller. The Bulldogs love drafting guys from their VFL team so Sullivan a chance especially if Dunkley goes. But no real “draft me” certainties.
Biggest question raised - is Mathieson the barometer of this team ... since he has never held his place in the Brions' AFL team? Fair weather only?

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Biggest question raised - is Mathieson the barometer of this team ... since he has never held his place in the Brions' AFL team? Fair weather only?
I watched the prelim and I was impressed with Dawson and his mate no.2 (name eludes me). I think the commentators said that both were on past AFL club lists. If they are under 26 would be excellent at RFC. We have not had genuine quality 'rovers' for some time.

Reactions: 1 user

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
I watched the prelim and I was impressed with Dawson and his mate no.2 (name eludes me). I think the commentators said that both were on past AFL club lists. If they are under 26 would be excellent at RFC. We have not had genuine quality 'rovers' for some time.
No 2 Zac Foot x swans player ............worth a look

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, Dawson's a a goer but wouldn't get a game ahead of Cotch, Dusty, Taranto, Hopper, Shai, Graham and Ross unless massive injuries hit us .

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Yeah, Dawson's a a goer but wouldn't get a game ahead of Cotch, Dusty, Taranto, Hopper, Shai, Graham and Ross unless massive injuries hit us .
True but a minimum of 4 rotating on ball for both AFL and VFL means a club should have a bare minimum of 8 so we could accommodate more. I believe a strong VFL is a requirement for success, so a regular turnover at VFL level is a must. Aside from Sonsie we could bring in new blood for Aarts, RCD, Elliot, etc to continue to rejuvenate the list of on ballers.

Reactions: 1 user