vic metro under 18s intra club match | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

vic metro under 18s intra club match

tigerpride

Tiger Rookie
Jun 22, 2004
My cousin played in the under 18s intra-club match for vic-metro yesterday and i was wondering if anybody knows of a website where i can check how the match went and who were the best players.

hope the tigers pick him up nxt year he is a very versatile player half back flank hff but hes best suited on the ball just needs a bit of meat on him.

i havent seen him for about 1 year and i was quite shocked when i seen him and his mate in the herald sun

any help much appreciated

tigerpride

Tiger Rookie
Jun 22, 2004
thanks rosy my cousin made the final 44 so hopefully he can get in the final squad

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
No worries tp...Good luck to your cuz. I'll move this to the junior footy board later and maybe you can keep up us to date with his progress, as well as read other opinions on the Under 18's.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Vic U18 Cup: Metro eases midfielders' workload
09 May 2005 Herald Sun
Rebecca Williams

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,15220707%255E19897,00.html

VICTORIA Metro coach David Dickson rested some of his top midfielders on Saturday when the city squad began its campaign for the July under-18 national championships.

Wary of burning out players, Dickson rested Oakleigh's Marc Murphy and limited the workload of Heath Hocking (Eastern) and Gareth Bowes (Calder) for the intra-squad practice match at Preston.

The hitout was the first step in the selection process for Metro, which will trim its squad for the national carnival from 50 to 35 in the next two weeks.

Dickson said it was important to keep his players fresh, especially the midfielders with the engine room shaping as the key for Metro in July.

"We decided to rest a few of our midfielders," Dickson said. "The kids get so much football that now and again you've just got to give them a bit of a break.

"So Heath Hocking didn't do much, Gareth Bowes didn't do much and Marc Murphy didn't come on the ground at all.

"I didn't see any sense in playing Marc yet. He was on the Australian tour of Ireland, he's come back and had a lot of football with school and the Oakleigh Chargers."

Dickson said he was particularly impressed with 204cm ruckman Robert Warnock from the Sandringham Dragons.

Oakleigh's Beau Dowler also showed his versatility, playing at centre half-forward and centre half-back.

A late inclusion to the Metro squad, Ben McKinley from the Northern Knights, impressed at full-forward.

The Victoria Country squad had its first training session at Preston on Saturday.

Dickson was impressed with what he saw of the Country group.

"They looked good," he said.

"They've got a lot of 191cm, 192cm running players, who are very athletic, very mobile, very good footballers. They'll be very exciting."

Metro and Country meet in a trial match on the Queen's Birthday weekend in June.

The teams will battle Western Australia and South Australia for the Division One crown at the national carnival.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Phanto.What is your take on this years kids.Moreso the debate in regards to us taking "smalls" with our 4 from 5 picks in the top 20 last year.
Some early reports/predictions is this years crop of "smalls" isnt as good as last years.
Also whats your take on this years KP kids expecially defenders.Any kid out there that would within our reach of getting considering that we probally wont have a top 10 pick this year?

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Phanto.What is your take on this years kids.Moreso the debate in regards to us taking "smalls" with our 4 from 5 picks in the top 20 last year.
Some early reports/predictions is this years crop of "smalls" isnt as good as last years.
Also whats your take on this years KP kids expecially defenders.Any kid out there that would within our reach of getting considering that we probally wont have a top 10 pick this year?

Yeh,
Had a great afternoon watching the Qld side rfer to the round 6 thread for details.