Video Games: violence and addiction? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Video Games: violence and addiction?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
What’s people’s best score on Alien Obliterate III ?

Playing the highest level (Formforce 10), I’ve racked up 82 Klingbydes, 44 Stormships and 77 Deltron Warriors for a total of 6,383 Betapoints. I would have had more if it wasn’t for my DF2 box throwing a hissy fit and reverting to monosync mode. You can never use the Gamma Ray field against the Deltrons in monosync mode. B!tch when that happens.

But I reckon that’s a pretty good score. Can anyone beat it ?

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Redford said:

Playing the highest level (Formforce 10), I’ve racked up 82 Klingbydes, 44 Stormships and 77 Deltron Warriors for a total of 6,383 Betapoints. I would have had more if it wasn’t for my DF2 box throwing a hissy fit and reverting to monosync mode. You can never use the Gamma Ray field against the Deltrons in monosync mode. B!tch when that happens.

dont you have your own board to post this rubbish?

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
Tiger74 said:
This isn't so much Big Brother at work here, but the lack of a R and X rating for games. The fact you cannot get an R rating for a game means by default it cannot be sold here (if it fails the MA15+ benchmarks). Personally I have this caught up with dumb bureaucrats who don't get there is a legitimate market of 18+ gamers out there.

One in particular who is blocking it every time it comes up in parliament.

evo said:
Yeah,it's shame they compromised GTA4,if only in a minor fashion.

It is totally unnecessary anyway--there is feature where u can play a parental control version of the game emebedded in the software.

Yet another example where the government feels they are better qualified to parent,than parents themselves,

Awesome game BTW--best I've ever played.

Never played it but entirely agree with your sentiments.

Dyer Disciple

Tiger Legend
Oct 1, 2007
Leysy Days said:
Dunno about this deep what causes violence in the youth of today talk.

All Leysy knows is that the big slow types of brutes in games of yesteryear wouldnt keep up with the sleek modern characters of today.

Redford said:

:rofl

The two of you are nutters.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The original question/premise is an interesting one. IMO there must be some correlation but many things influence violence and behaviour and you can't ban them all.

I know after finally getting through all of Midnight Club II I felt that no one else bar me had the right to be on the road. And jb junior is convinced he is the Prince of Persia.

On the positive side, after some extremely high scores on Singstar I have decided I will have a crack at Australian Idol this year. It is not right that the rest of Australia is denied such a pitch perfect voice.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
jb03 said:
On the positive side, after some extremely high scores on Singstar I have decided I will have a crack at Australian Idol this year. It is not right that the rest of Australia is denied such a pitch perfect voice.
I'm a wicked Guitar hero soloist so if you need string accompaniament,I'm you man.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
jb03 said:

Enough to make anyone who hears it commit an act of violence no doubt. ;D

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Disco08 said:
I'm pretty solid on rhythm guitar too so I'm there if you need me jimbob.

It's all coming together. Just need a bass player. Haven't seen any video games devoted solely to high class bass playing. I wonder what that guy from The Sharp is doing now?

Tigers of Old said:
Enough to make anyone who hears it commit an act of violence no doubt. ;D
Hmmmm possibly, perhaps I've lent further evidence to your original premise. But Singstar quite often calls me lead singer quality and I'm willing to trust the Playstation over others opinions.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
jb03 said:
But Singstar quite often calls me lead singer quality and I'm willing to trust the Playstation over others opinions.

Pfft. Maybe on Baa-Baa Blacksheep it does but otherwise....