Walking Front Loading Washing Machine... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Walking Front Loading Washing Machine...

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
Different type of technical hitch, if anyone knows how to stop a washing machine from walking?

I have tried to level it, with a level, made sure the "feet" were locked into place. I have tried to make the loads level.

Not sure what else I can do or what the problem may be. I think it could have something to do with the machine being on a tiled floor, with the floor being in quite an old house. (tiles on wooden floorboards, on stumps - unstable?)

Can anyone :help

feisty tige said:
how to stop a washing machine from walking?

Let the machine walk to it's heart's content feisty.  Just make sure it brings home some bread and milk when it's out on it's daily stroll. (sorry  :-[ )

Have you tried putting a towel or non-slip mat under the machine so it's not on the tiles?

:hihi I need bread...

Yeah, I have put a big black rubber mat down so all four feet are on it and that has helped a little bit, but not enough.

Sometimes it is as quiet as a mouse and a spin later it is rocking... :don't know

My washing machine also wanders a little bit. Generally I find its when I've overloaded it with stuff, normally when I'm washing towels or doonas or something. I think its because the stuff in the machine is too heavy when its wet, meaning it can't get an even spin going initially (or at all), so the washing pot (for want of the correct term) just spins around unevenly, hence the rocking.

That's my theory, anyway. ;D

Sounds good to me sky, I think I might trade in or sell this one and go for an upright, I have better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than sit on the damned thing for a few minutes at a time...

why not try buying some sort of fixing brackets and fixing the bracket(plate) to the machine then securing it to the wall behind the washing machine holding it in place

the worst that could happen is it rips your plaster board straight off your wall but i think its worth a shot

Lidsand said:
why not try buying some sort of fixing brackets and fixing the bracket(plate) to the machine then securing it to the wall behind the washing machine holding it in place

the worst that could happen is it rips your plaster board straight off your wall but i think its worth a shot

I will hopefully be moving soon so that may solve the problem (getting the machine onto a stable footing)

I am not sure I would be popular if I tried the bracket thing :hihi as the machine packs a bit of a punch when on the move!!

If all else fails I think a new machine may be in order.... Anyone want to purchase a perfectly good, healthy lean washing machine :angel:

feisty tige said:
I will hopefully be moving soon so that may solve the problem (getting the machine onto a stable footing)

I am not sure I would be popular if I tried the bracket thing :hihi as the machine packs a bit of a punch when on the move!!

If all else fails I think a new machine may be in order.... Anyone want to purchase a perfectly good, healthy lean washing machine :angel:

Be careful with the bracket idea. If you restrain the item, the force that is causing the unit to shake will be exerted elsewhere (i.e. the points where it is bolted down), which may cause damage to the unit.

I'm no expert, but you may want to chat with someone better qualified first :)

My washing machine and dryer only walk when I overload them. 10kg's of wet clothes in a 5kg capacaity washer just doesn't work it seems. Maybe it is trying to walk away from a bit of hard work. Is it made in England? :hihi