Warney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Warney

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He's got 499 test wickets, and would have to be a certainty to beat the chucker to 500 test wickets.

Sri Lanka 86-5.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He's done it, 500 tests wickets.
The way he has bowled you wouldn't think that he has been out of the game for 12 months.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Onya Warney.....takes a Vic. ;D Pity Matty Elliott lived on the wrong side of the border. :mad:

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
And people were questioning Warnes selection.

Australia's best bowler of all time, a champion who can turn a game.

10 wickets in his comeback match.

Must say, Warnies looking fantastic. He has shed alot of kilos

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Good work Warne.

As a person I've got zero respect for him (really pity his kids). However, have to admit he's a bloody good cricketer and I thought he did well commentating over summer.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
as a person, I have alot of respect for Shane Warne.

Only if everyone knew all the charity work Shane does, in particular with sick and disadvantaged children.

Warnie will never turn down an autograph and is only too happy to have a chat.

Yeah, he may have done a few silly things, but he has given alot to the fans and children.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
nwonash said:
as a person, I have alot of respect for Shane Warne.

Interesting nwonash- you're one of the first people I know to respect Warne. I'd be very interested to hear what female PREnders think of him.

I heard Maggie Tabberer and some other lady abusing the crap out of him on radio once- saying he was an affront to women and comments he made about the importance of having a son were innappropriate.

I don't know about that but, personally, his charity work and willingness to sign autographs doesn't erase the bad work of his sledging, betting, philandering, drug-taking (mum's fault!) etcetc for me at least.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Warne First To 500 Wicket/50,000 Fags Record
by STAFF REPORTERS

"Warne's historic moment captured"
Shane Warne is celebrating becoming the first Test cricketer ever to pass the 500 wicket/50,000 cigarette mark.

Warney celebrated taking his 500th wicket, against Sri Lanka on Friday, with a well-earned fag after play.

"Now for the one remaining goal," he said to thebladder.com. "If I can be the first Test player to complete the 500 wicket, 50,000 fag and 500 virgins trifecta, I can retire in peace.

“Let’s face it, if possible, I’d love to get to 600 wickets, 100,000 fags and 1000 virgins. I don’t think it’s out of the question if I can play for another two years, smoke like a chimney and keep my new ‘buff’ physique, which the ladies love.”

Indian all-rounder Kapil Dev, with 434 wickets, 49,523 cigarettes and 433 virgins, is the closest to Warne's achievement, although Pakistan's Imran Khan managed 362 wickets to go with his 39,999 cigarettes and 534 virgins.

The world record holder for total Test wickets, West Indian legend Courtney Walsh, could only manage 14,322 cigarettes and 322 virgins to go with his 519 wickets.

The man who would appear the only challenger to Warne, Sri Lankan rival Muttiah Muralitharan, finished the First Test in the current Sri Lankan tour with 494 Test wickets, 42,713 cigarettes and zero virgins. Muttiah lives with his mother and father in Kandy.

http://www.thebladder.com/content/news/displayContent.asp?CID=2521&EID=244

Pieman

I am The Pieman
Dec 16, 2003
Brisbane Qld
Only one trouble with Warney.
He barracks for those Bloody Saints...
Apart from that, he's a great cricketer and another proud product of the Fern Tree Gully Hospital...

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Warney was born at William Angliss Hospital was he??

Been to the emergency ward there a few times in the past ;D