Was DTLD forgotten about? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Was DTLD forgotten about?

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Watching the tribute to the retiree's, was Dave Astbury forgotten.....and didn't Harry Taylor retire last year

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
There’s a comment in the GF thread that says a player needs 200 games to get a ride in the Ute, but Scully got a mention and he played less than 200.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
There’s a comment in the GF thread that says a player needs 200 games to get a ride in the Ute, but Scully got a mention and he played less than 200.
Did they also miss him on Brownlow night? I didn’t see him but just thought I must have got distracted

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
The work of SHocking - seems he can add the fact he can’t count to his arsenal.

• Love

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
They gave Jake King the shutout on retirement so why not take it a step further and shun Astbury?

Thought he missed out on a similar acknowledgement on Brownlow night, but I wasn't paying close attention.

*smile* the AFL.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Three premierships but not worthy of a farewell lap in the back of a ute. Bet the AFL will be kissing Clench's arse all the way round the oval when he gets his commiserations lap.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I am fuming about it but I know I shouldn't be

yeah I dont reckon Dave would give a stuff.

not like he missed a ticket to the GF and a spin in a hilux.

just a powerpoint presentation.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm guessing he wasn't in the back of the ute because he didn't want to fly to Perth and quarantine for a week so he could sit in the back of a ute and do a lap in front of Melbourne, Doggies and West Coast Eagle fans.

But no, it's all a huge AFL anti-Richmond conspiracy as usual. This forum is confirmation bias to the power of ten sometimes.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'm guessing he wasn't in the back of the ute because he didn't want to fly to Perth and quarantine for a week so he could sit in the back of a ute and do a lap in front of Melbourne, Doggies and West Coast Eagle fans.

But no, it's all a huge AFL anti-Richmond conspiracy as usual. This forum is confirmation bias to the power of ten sometimes.
It’s not the back of the Ute. They didn’t do that this year. They played footage of retiring players during Brady’s song. Whole bunch of others. Houli was included, as he should have been, but no DTLD. Maybe it was an accidental oversight, but it’s still a bit of a slight on a bloke who is highly regarded, and rightly so, by his own supporters.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It’s not the back of the Ute. They didn’t do that this year. They played footage of retiring players during Brady’s song. Whole bunch of others. Houli was included, as he should have been, but no DTLD. Maybe it was an accidental oversight, but it’s still a bit of a slight on a bloke who is highly regarded, and rightly so, by his own supporters.

Got it. I didn't watch the pregame or halftime.

Guess the AFL had a word in the ear of the video editor then.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I suspect gross incompetence personally (the lack of a speech by Goodwin was clearly gross incompetence).

They have form on this and I just don't reckon the AFL could organise being biased.

That said, and I also never watch he pre-game or half time "entertainment" because I don't know why it exists, Astbury should have got a mention and accolades.

DS