We will beat Adelaide | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We will beat Adelaide

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Well, I should say we can beat Adelaide. I never gave us a chance against Brisy but think we will match it up to Adelaide.

I think Adelaide are the most overrated team in the comp and think we showed some promise against Brisbane.

Im not one of those guys who think Richmond will win every week (im closer to the opposite) but something tells me well take it to Adalaide.

Our record over there isnt to bad either. If Otto can held down the ruck and we can have Staff and Richo (CHF) up foward surrounded by the rovers and Campbo coming in we will take it right up to the Crows. But *smile* our really hurts.

I for one havnt given up on finals for 2003. Never say never!!! I wanna be at the footy in the 1st week of September

Holla if ya hear me???

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If it was in Melbourne I'd admit that we could have beaten them, but I can't see us beating them over there with the 5 goal umpiring advantage they have.

We aren't 5 goals better than Adelaide.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
It will either go one way or the other and I'm afraid it will be the other.

Somethings going to give regarding Richmond and I think we might be in line for a good ol' floggin' at AAMI stadium this week.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I think the difference will be that DUTCHY will provide a good match up for CAREY and AK will be more than capable of the next best forward along with Zantuck as they do not possess a big strong forward line.

Our rucks can match up on their and even take the points. The true test will come down to the midfield and a lot will depend of if CAMPBELL plays. JOHNO should have a bit of inside knowledge as well as a bit of extra motivation to do well. No doubt TORNS will be an angry man.

Still reckon if we play Richo out of the goal square (I said that long before that DUD Sheehan) we will really give them a run for their money.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
The last couple of times the Crows have touched us up nicely. There is some bloke playing in the mid-field who wears number 23 and has a tendancy to smash opposition teams, especially those who don't have a quality run-with player. I bet Spud gives Jolly Rogers a shot and is proved wrong. We'll need everything to go our way and the Crows to have the inverse luck.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Give Newman or Krakouer the job on Macleod. Someone with pace to go with him and who is accountable. Rodan did alright on akermanis but I would keep him as an attacking option.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I wouldn't mind seeing Rodan on McLeod; good learning experience for the lad to play on the guns in the comp.

My concern is who is going to take Mark Ricciuto. He is twice as big as our next midfielder! It would be a great achievement if someone like Fleming could take the job and do it with distinction. He might carve out a niche for himself as a tagger. Did a good job of Lappin last week.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A big effort needed from the coaching box this week. Adelaide are beatable with the right matchups and all players giving their all.

Was amused on club corner where Greg Hutchison said words to the effect that Pettifer would be fresh seeing he had a week off. He's had the whole year off imo, ha.

Also Hutchy said Brisbane's skill level was a "little" better than ours.

Surely he jests. ::)

I wonder if they believe that we were close to Brisbane in skill levels? Sad if they do really because if they accepted they are nowhere near as good as top teams it might lead to addressing the problem.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
It's funny, but for the good of the club, we need to either win this week, or get absolutely smashed by 80+points.

We either need to stand up and deliver a badly needed win, or we need a good old fashioned shellacking to expose every little weakness that we have, to give the football department every reason to go to town on our list at the end of this season. To be honest, I'd be satisfied with either scenario.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Even though campbell returns this week we will get smashed in the midfield, and now that johnson is very doubtful, campbell and cogs will have to do it alone.

Cant see it happening, Adelaide will dominate the clearances Mcleod , Goodwin & Co. will have a field day.

I hate it when we are in a slump!! *cries*

Prays the to the football gods

*a huge storm blows into Adelaide* leaving the adelaide team bus stranded unable to get to the game in time..... we field our 22 & start without them..............

Kafer

go tiges!
Jun 15, 2003
East Bentleigh
RFC not KFC said:
there is some bloke playing in the mid-field who wears number 23 and has a tendancy to smash opposition teams, especially those who don't have a quality run-with player. I bet Spud gives Jolly Rogers a shot and is proved wrong. We'll need everything to go our way and the Crows to have the inverse luck.

What about Zantuck as a run-with on Mcleod?

I too am a believer, I think that we looked okay for at least 3 quarters last week, and Adelaide are not all they are cracked up to be.

BTW - Mike Sheehan must read this msg board becasue we have all be saying that for a long time. ::)

Please Danny - move him up the ground, lets just roll the dice!!!!

Kafer

go tiges!
Jun 15, 2003
East Bentleigh
JohnF said:
My concern is who is going to take Mark Ricciuto. He is twice as big as our next midfielder! It would be a great achievement if someone like Fleming could take the job and do it with distinction. He might carve out a niche for himself as a tagger. Did a good job of Lappin last week.

I agree, I'd love to see Fleming do a job on him. I like his intensity

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I don't think Tim Fleming is all that good at the moment, but I think that he still has some improvement to make, even as a 25 year old. He hasn't even got any muscle, and yet with his intensity alone he can cause some havoc. I'd like to see how he would go with a big pre season in the gym. I think he would be able to stop the likes of Ricciuto, Voss, Buckley and the larger midfielders if he did so.

PuntRoadRoar, I don't think we will be smashed in the midfield if we play it smart, and give the likes of Newman a go in the centre. Goodwin by the way is out injured isn't he?

I think Campbell, Coughlan, Newman, Rodan and Fleming can match it with McLeod, Ricciutto, Bickley, Stenglein and Edwards if Rodan and Fleming stick to their tasks and play discipline football.

We should also at the very least break even in the ruck with Ottens and Stafford agaisnt Clarke and Biglands.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
We will get the mother of all floggings this week.

At least 70 points.

Rogers, Houlihan, and Biddiscombe will still get a game.

Frawley still has no idea.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Fleming is a hard nut with no skills and no brains - explains why Frawdudly loves him.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Im worried about Ricutio more as a forward than a midfielder esp with Gas out. To strong for Zantuck and Newman and to quick for AK