WEAK... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEAK...

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Thats all i have to say about the way richmond have played tonight, WEAK. The never manned up from the start, and they let brisbane run all over them.

Ohhh i cant wait for the frawley bashing to start this week. :-X :-\ its gonna be hell, more repeats of the same old posts...... :mad:

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
ouch!! That one hurt!! 5 in a row! not good!
Well at least I don't get as upset now as I'm not expecting them to win and if they do it's a bonus. :-\

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
NEGATIVES
A refusal to change the game plan when it clearly isn’t working, either that or the recognition by the coaching staff is awful.

Players going to ground for no reason an taking themselves out of the contest, the worst offender is Fiora.

Richardson is not longer up to it as a spearhead focal point forward. He can’t take a mark out in front of his face, goes to ground to easily, is more interested in wrestling and looking for free kicks and can’t kick straight for goal. Time for a move up the ground where he can use his alleged superior running ability. Get him up around the center and wing areas because now that Stafford and Ottens are both in the side one of them will be resting down there so Richo will have a target to pump the ball long to.

Coughlan needs some help in the middle. He can’t do it all himself although he busts his ass every week. Campbell needs to get back soon and Johnson needs to get his back right before next week. Newman is rotting in the backline. Let’s get him into the midfield and see what he can do. Either him or Chaffey needs to be part of the rotation.

Bowden is a hideous joke, please trade him. Fiora is not an AFL standard player and the sooner we can offload him the better we will be. Houlihan should be gone the minute his contract expires.

I don’t have a problem with Richo not getting free kicks in his wrestling duels. Maybe one day he might remember that he was once a top flight forward by running and leading and running his opponent off his feet. Richo used to be the hardest match-up in football. Now you just need a player of equal size to wrestle with him. Really a waste of talent.

POSITIVES
I was happy with Holland’s game and to a lesser extend Dragicevic too. They both worked themselves into the game and will only get better.

Tivendale was very good again as was Chaffey and Ottens is getting better by the week. Zantuck battled on and is a player we can rely on to give 100% each week.

Can’t think of too many other positives I’m afraid. Season is slipping fast and it will be a huge effort to make the finals from here, particularly with the cushy draws that Essendon and Collingwood have from this point on. I was going to say that it’s time to blood some youngsters but apart from Schulz there aren’t any to try.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Richo is of no use no matter where we play him for the simple reason that his disposal sux big time. He will turn the ball over at least 5 times a game and miss some vital goals which can change the complexion of games.

I can't wait for him to have a couple of spectacular games later on in the year and hoodwink us all into thinking he can play again. We'll put him on a contract for 4 years at Richmond and think we are the luckiest team in the land.

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
Oddly enough Richo can hit a team mate "lace out' on a lead 9 times out 10. A perfect example was when he passed the ball to Ottens against the Roos a couple of week back. The ball travelled 45 - 50 metres in the air and Otto didn't have to brake stride. I've seen him do it time and again, it's only when he gets in front of goals that he gets the yips. Not really a good trait for a full forward.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Richo has to go, or turn him into a centre half back. He is no longer a spearhead to be relied on.
After reading the Sheehan interview, which was moronic diatribe from our pathetic coach, this will not happen.
I hope they lose every game, so that the bufoons running our club realise once and for all we are coached by a nincompoop!

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
We need 2 or 3 genuine tall forwards 3 or4 hard at it on ballers with skill. 2 or 3 tall defenders. And a couple of out and out mongrels. We,re in for a long couple of years if tonight is any indication. :mad: :mad: :mad:

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I wouldn't label them weak as many had a dip. Moreso we're simply not good enough as (i) we just don't jell as a TEAM and (ii) too much is left to the same too few as we have more passengers than the 8.24am to Flinders St station. This was illustrated in parts of tonight's match where we would get on top in general play (first 20 mins 1st qtr, most of the 3rd qtr, first 5-10 mins last qtr) yet we didn't have anything to show for it on the scoreboard. Brisbane on the other hand would slam on goals in succession when they got on top. That's why they won by such a big margin even though in general play it was much closer.