Web Page | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Web Page

felix

Tiger Matchwinner
May 3, 2005
Where do i start to make a Web page ? It will be used for selling items, some help would be much appreciated

I made PRE with Microsoft Front Page and a Front Page for Dummies manual. I also bought a heap of mags and got books from the library. It was heaps of trial and error because I didn't have a clue what I was doing.  I also went to a weekend adult education course on webmaking but that was really a bit of wasted time. Too many people and too little time to benefit much but got a few basics and soem questions answered.

Do you have Front Page felix?

I bought the latest copy of Netguide ($4.50 in supermarkets) today. It has a few pages on how to create your own website.

It also comes with a free cd that includes a full version of NetObject's Fusion 7 create you own website program (usually retails for $187)

Felix,

Depending on what you want I have a copy of a well known web page program, but it's a little bit more complicated, PM if you are interested. You can check out a site that I built, www.goldcreekgolfclub.com.au , and if you like it, I can give you a few pointers if you like. Cheers.

Another suggestion that I have used for my page, which I have been very slow at working on I must admit, is Web Alive - www.webalive.com.au

It's inexpensive, and template based, so you don't need to know java or html to set it up.

I have found it more than adequate for the time being and they have client testimonials on there.