Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

He’s FOS. A narcissistic fence sitter. Always has an each way bet so he can says he was right.

“I reckon Dusty will sign a 1 year contract extension but don’t be surprised if he retires”, that sort of thing.
Dusty is going to sign a 1 year extension?
Ha, stick that up your clapper you media trolls!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
He’s FOS. A narcissistic fence sitter. Always has an each way bet so he can says he was right.

“I reckon Dusty will sign a 1 year contract extension but don’t be surprised if he retires”, that sort of thing.
So he’s one of the AFL journalists, then?

• Haha
It's Bakes big contract. This is all posturing.

I think he wants to be a captain, and doubt he'll walk into a captaincy at either WC or Freo within the next couple years.

Captain of a big 4 club he won flags at is going to be worth more to him than the media will acknowledge. We'll offer the succession plan

Reactions: 1 user
Whats his personal life like as maybe personal steady partner not keen to go West.

It's Bakes big contract. This is all posturing.

I think he wants to be a captain, and doubt he'll walk into a captaincy at either WC or Freo within the next couple years.

Captain of a big 4 club he won flags at is going to be worth more to him than the media will acknowledge. We'll offer the succession plan
I don't want him as captain and that shouldn't be the selling point.
We should over him 700k -750k. That's it.
He is a half back flanker. He isn't a forward and I haven't seen him dominate playing as a midfielder.

I can see him being WCE captain in his second year there if he ends up going there. No leadership at that club.

If we can keep Bakes and The Prince, and trade Short for something like Gold Coast's pick 20, that's just about ideal.

Reactions: 3 users
I can see him being WCE captain in his second year there if he ends up going there. No leadership at that club.
Liam Duggan is only 27 and already their Captain. Not dissimilar to Bakes as a player. Given his age there would be no reason for WC to shunt him

Liam Duggan is only 27 and already their Captain. Not dissimilar to Bakes as a player. Given his age there would be no reason for WC to shunt him
Totally different players and leadership qualities. Baker is a far superior leader to both Duggan & Allen IMO.

Totally different players and leadership qualities. Baker is a far superior leader to both Duggan & Allen IMO.
An example of a totally different player to Duggan is Samson Ryan.

Bakes is a superior player in my eyes but he and Duggan are similar ages, with similar statistical outputs i.e - not dissimilar

As for saying Bakes is a far superior leader to Duggan & Allen, I'm sure Bakes is a great leader, but how can you make the judgement that he is "far superior" to Duggan & Allan's leadership from your armchair?

Reactions: 2 users
Ross Lyon was a big fan of Short when he was in the media. Not sure what St K have that we would want.

Man im happy to drive him to the airport for any first round pick
And dan rioli too for another first rounder
Short and graham can uber it to whereever they can for second rounders
Prestia grimes dusty can sail off into sunset

Gives us
3 firsts
3 seconds
Free up $2.5 easily too

Package eveything else for another first making it 4 firsts
If the football gods have totally left punt road and we 🥄

Then package the worst first rounder and 2 seconds for hopefully another top 5 pick

1 ,5 ,14-17,25 is looking like a monster hand
Plus pick 1 PSD which we use to buy who think is worth it

this is smart business
Next year weed out the remaining dead wood hopefully win few games another draft and free agent

2026 back
Exactly what flog clubs North and Hawthorn did and they're still on the bottom not waving drowning 5 - 8 years later. Cut too deep, you cut off your nose to spite your face.