Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I'd be happy to gamble on debuting Parker, sight unseen, against his 'Ex' the Saints replacing Caddy. Could either add pace to the wing or liven up our forward line.
Agree , I think we are building nicley , however he may just be the tweak we need , no doubt he’ll be hungrier then a Garbo stuck in the KFC drive thru behind some moron who doesn’t no the colonels menu

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agree , I think we are building nicley , however he may just be the tweak we need , no doubt he’ll be hungrier then a Garbo stuck in the KFC drive thru behind some moron who doesn’t no the colonels menu
Agree, he is the tweak we need and last night's loss has made me binge for some tenders and chips. :))

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
*smile* we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel calling this bloke to come into our best 22.
Dow, Cd, Ralphsmith are all ahead in the que

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Same here, on last night's showing.
Just aware that if he struglled, for the next week all we'd see on here would be:

"His *smile*, why did we draft him"
"Another midget who can't kick"
"send him back to, WA or St Kilda"

Usually from the same people who are championing him this week.
Not sure he is a midget. He'd certainly be hungrier than Rioli.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Blokes barely done any training with us as yet, never mind even playing a ressies game or two. Just to get a feel for the way we play n structure up of course n people want to throw him straight into the seniors FFS. Way to cruel any chance the bloke has of reigniting his career.
Parker may well turn out to be a very handy player for us coming into the tail end of the season, but please just let him get his feet under him n a handful of warm up games first.

Reactions: 3 users

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
do you know if his played at back half footy aa? looks the classic forward type to me at this point , has some attributes to sweep of half back like you say
.not sure mrb..no mention of at sth freo or amateurs before that
.but at 188/80 quick, good kick, mark & a bit of mong...why not test the adage 'a good fwd can go back easier than a back going fwd"
.both short & houli unable to contribute in the air...a major issue with our backline
.balmy gave him a wrap in scratch intra club last weekend
.very interested in vfl this sunday

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure any of us can make a case for his inclusion until caesar gives his next training report.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Gets a chance to press his claims on Sunday v Willy. Hopefully he makes the most of it. We need his run and pace on a wing

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
.not sure mrb..no mention of at sth freo or amateurs before that
.but at 188/80 quick, good kick, mark & a bit of mong...why not test the adage 'a good fwd can go back easier than a back going fwd"
.both short & houli unable to contribute in the air...a major issue with our backline
.balmy gave him a wrap in scratch intra club last weekend
.very interested in vfl this sunday
The other possibility to go back is Stack.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The other possibility to go back is Stack.
Stack and CCJ in the same forward line? Not sure that would work. They'd find themselves out of position, get into trouble and get caught too often.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Stack still has a long way to go in the VFL before he gets another game.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Stack still has a long way to go in the VFL before he gets another game.
was tracking well before covid hit again. stack needs continuity and unfortunately seems to be the type that loses form and fitness quickly if he's not playing. will be interesting to see how he goes in the next vfl game.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
was tracking well before covid hit again. stack needs continuity and unfortunately seems to be the type that loses form and fitness quickly if he's not playing. will be interesting to see how he goes in the next vfl game.

Yeah, interruptions to the VFL program haven't helped him.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watch his games on video to see how lively this bloke is. He is gonna sh!t opposition supporters a lot because of his antics.