Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

What a sliding doors moment.

(1) Go back. Kick any score. Get mobbed by your teammates. Hear the crowd go nuts singing the Tiger song. Give a footy to a kid on the boundary. In the middle of the circle with the Sonz singing the song getting a Powerade bath. Hugs from the family and friends etc etc

(2)Play on. Siren goes. Shattered ......

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Plays a very difficult position and plays it very well.

The first thing to remember about the last play is that Cumberland found space to receive a mark. That is invaluable and hard to put too high a value on, our congested forward line is difficult. But, Cumberland found a little space to receive. Would like to see others do this more often.

Playing on would have been the wrong decision 15 minutes into the second quarter, let alone at the end of a game where scores are level. I can understand he wanted to crib a couple of metres to make sure he could make the distance, but, he needed to be more aware of where opposing players were. Clarke was still going from the contest, would have run the other way if Cumberland didn't play on so quickly, no question he was in the protected zone, the protected zone did not yet exist. Effectively a 3 game player at the moment, who lacks awareness? Yeah, that ain't news, awareness comes with experience. He does this in his 200th game I will be upset, he does it in his third game and he gets a pass. He will learn, comes across as a great reader of the play so I figure will learn.

Such a pity though. He would have dreamed of being able to win a game kicking after the siren and just blew the chance to do so.

Definitely needs to stay in the seniors, needs experience and huge upside.

No comparison with Aarts' brain fade, Aarts has more experience, the game had more time to go and we needed to slow the game down, and Aarts has way more experience. Cumberland can learn from this, Aarts should have already learned by this point in his career.

DS

Reactions: 7 users
That little bump he gave to the Freo player in the last quarter before passing to Bolts for a goal is exactly what all our players should do to take a mark. First time I've seen us do this for yonks.

Reactions: 6 users
As Richo said in the coverage he has forward smarts. Finds space in the forward 50.

Could easily be a 30-40 goal mid sized forward.

Reactions: 5 users
Let's hope we don't coach his natural instincts out of him I reckon the kid has some flair to.

Reactions: 1 users
That little bump he gave to the Freo player in the last quarter before passing to Bolts for a goal is exactly what all our players should do to take a mark. First time I've seen us do this for yonks.
I think he even laid a shepherd!

*Is still shocked *

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Superb tackling. A coupla holding the ball tackling like he meant it. So good to see.

And beautiful body work to take the mark out on the flank towards the end.
Impressive

What a sliding doors moment.

(1) Go back. Kick any score. Get mobbed by your teammates. Hear the crowd go nuts singing the Tiger song. Give a footy to a kid on the boundary. In the middle of the circle with the Sonz singing the song getting a Powerade bath. Hugs from the family and friends etc etc

(2)Play on. Siren goes. Shattered ......
Yep would have been nice for everyone , a much need fillup , alas , fa

The thing is if Lynch didn’t get injured then Cucumberland would have most likely gone back to the 2's and probably still be there.

Reactions: 1 user
Have the feeling that he knew that he didn't have the distance, so that's why he tried to play on.

Easy have the distance. He was 52-53 meters out. In the first qtr from 50 out, he kicked 1 goal and 1 behind and the ball sailed over the fence 55 mtrs +
It's not like we were behind, scores level, any score wins. Even if there was a min left on the clock as soon as he took off Clarke would've got him.

The thing is if Lynch didn’t get injured then Cucumberland would have most likely gone back to the 2's and probably still be there.

Unfathomable to think Cumberland who has been one of our best in the ressies couldn't get a look in when most of us saw what he has been producing but the MC was more going with Castagna and Aarts

Reactions: 2 users
Geez his doing well , has always had that big of X about him that catches your eye , looks better at the top level then the VFL

Reactions: 4 users
Makes one question the MC's ability to spot talent and ability.

Reactions: 4 users
The ressies are one game inside the 8 with 3 to go, should win at least 2 of the last 3. We'll get to see cumbers and MJR run around in finals.

Say it again, there is a strong hint of mini Jake Stringer to him. Totally unique type. I didn't think he was this robust, this physical.

Reactions: 8 users
Say it again, there is a strong hint of mini Jake Stringer to him. Totally unique type. I didn't think he was this robust, this physical.
He has some size about his. When I say size I mean physically built. Has the ability to get the ball out even when tackled. Another preseason under his belt would do him wonders. His aim should be to be able to have stints in the midfield.

• Love