Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
I watched him closely today at the game.

He knows where to go.

When to go.

Can read it.

Can execute.

Aggressively tackles to HURT.

HATES LOSING.

You can't teach any of the above.

Reactions: 17 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Unbelievable to watch a kid hungry to be involved
Dacios is lucky he didn't get selected earlier

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dunno… I’m getting getting a plapp vibe… can play, what happens when a bit more time and effort is put on him
A bit less time n effort get put into the other forwards.
Defences sag off the least dangerous or effective forward so they can gang up on the main forwards. Cummerbund instantly helps keep the other defenders honest.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Simply my favourite type of footballer. Hard, persistent, scruffy with a hint of hidden glam, honest as the day is long, backs up his mates n just knows how to play footy. Finally got the foot in the front door n hope he has a long n successful career.

Reactions: 7 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
How's the post game interview? Cool as a CuCUMBA. Ticked every box, should've said hello to Mum.

Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
1659307856276.png

5 goals - wow , 8 disposals hmm , didn't get bags of disposals in the VFL , my concern is in a final he might return stats like 3 disposals no goals
hope the coaches can work on his game and add to his natural ability

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I watched him closely today at the game.

He knows where to go.

When to go.

Can read it.

Can execute.

Aggressively tackles to HURT.

HATES LOSING.

You can't teach any of the above.
I summed it up more crudely in first half....plays like he gives a fck.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Spot on tm.

And I am glad they did match our offer on Hipwood.
(we put in a bid for him in the draft all those years ago).
He is a dud of the highest order. Don't rate him.

Crack on Cumbo.:clap2
The Lions have made a couple of huge blunders in regards to their list. A few weeks before they chose not to match our bid for Noah they had delisted Ben Keays. He was named Crows captain when Sloane did his knee and is a very good chance to be All Australian. They kept that massive spud Robinson ahead of Keays:mhihi
Reckon they'd like to have both of them.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I summed it up more crudely in first half....plays like he gives a fck.
Well said. Sums him up well. Plays with real intent. I love how he just kicks the goal and doesn't seem to have any of the mental demons that are possessing some of his more senior team mates in front of goal.

I like him.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Well said. Sums him up well. Plays with real intent. I love how he just kicks the goal and doesn't seem to have any of the mental demons that are possessing some of his more senior team mates in front of goal.

I like him.
Yep. His set shot in the last - takes the mark and walked back with intent. Took full responsibility at a crucial stage of the match and didn't look around to offload that responsibility to someone else.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yep. His set shot in the last - takes the mark and walked back with intent. Took full responsibility at a crucial stage of the match and didn't look around to offload that responsibility to someone else.
Yep he wants the ball in his hands. He wants the responsibility. It's a great sign.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I loved seeing him give the fist of excitement both as Riewoldt handballed to Lynch for that certain goal and as Riewoldt took the ball from Lynch’s hands for another certain goal. And I don’t mean when or after they kicked the but BEFORE as these 2 events occurred as he knew (as well did) they were certain goals.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
View attachment 16158

5 goals - wow , 8 disposals hmm , didn't get bags of disposals in the VFL , my concern is in a final he might return stats like 3 disposals no goals
hope the coaches can work on his game and add to his natural ability
Just on this, he has been involved in crucial passages of play in the past few weeks. He shows intent and isn't afraid to tackle or shepherd.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
2 Lions academy players drafted by the tigers kicked 10 goals between them from 12 kicks, and 15 disposals.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Credit to Steven Morris and the whole development team at Richmond for the work they have done with Noah, and to Hardwick and the match committee for bringing him in when he was ready.

Reactions: 4 users