Samson Ryan | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Samson Ryan

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
When he starts dominating tonight, I hope the umpires are keeping an eye out on any saints players chasing after him with scissors trying to cut his hair

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
There's definitely one eye on list management with this selection..
i thought Samsons selection peculiar, but that makes some sense
Agreed mate.

There is some reading between the lines in the case of Samsons promotion but also muc moreso with Caddys omission and Dans re tooling.
Caddy just about cooked but i still don't mind him. Dans re-education has to be a bit about Bachars future ..

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I was surprised he was picked, from limited VFL viewing he has looked a likely type, but still very skinny.- going up against to strong atheletic rucks like Marshall and Ryder will be a challenge.

Im not sure there is much to read into his selection though, other than they are moving towards trying to play more talls, and that Chol cant ruck a whole game the way Nank can. A rested Chol will be more effective.

Anyway good luck to him.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
You think??
I would be surprised considering how little CJ has rucked the last couple of games, but maybe you are right.
When the three bigs play in the VFL it's been Chol #1, CJ relieving, Ryan late cameo.

Ryan's selection is Dimma giving up on Pickett rucking. This way he can keep structure ahead of the ball when Chol sits and CJ rucks.

Reactions: 2 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
When the three bigs play in the VFL it's been Chol #1, CJ relieving, Ryan late cameo.

Ryan's selection is Dimma giving up on Pickett rucking. This way he can keep structure ahead of the ball when Chol sits and CJ rucks.
I like the idea of Jack and Samson as the two tall fwds and Pickett no longer rucking. Where have our small fwds been this year compared to 2017-on when they were at the foot of our tall fwds kicking those crumbing goals?