Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tigerland Jacob Bauer

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Going back a few years, but looks like a Michael Pickering type to me. Good hands and takes a great grab for his size.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Nice leap on him. Type of player we lack so fingers crossed it works out. Good luck Jack.

Reactions: 2 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Maybe Broads replacement if the rumours are true.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Apparently the rumour is that Essendon want to trade for him come the November trade period.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Seems like he has great hands being "only" 191cm. The modern day key forward profile seems to have pushed closer to 200+cm.
I reckon it has changed a bit, seems to be now the preferred combo is a big, ruckman-height mobile forward and a smaller 190-ish more mobile player as a KF pair. Kennedy-Darling, King-Membery, McKay-Curnow, ???-Mihocek, and Lynch-Jack, although Jack played the tall, no. 1 role also before Lynch arrived. The sub 193 KF was out of fashion for a while but its come back a bit.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I reckon it has changed a bit, seems to be now the preferred combo is a big, ruckman-height mobile forward and a smaller 190-ish more mobile player as a KF pair. Kennedy-Darling, King-Membery, McKay-Curnow, ???-Mihocek, and Lynch-Jack, although Jack played the tall, no. 1 role also before Lynch arrived. The sub 193 KF was out of fashion for a while but its come back a bit.

Good call snake. Adding a few more, the Dogs are now going with Naughton-Khamis, Geelong kind of do it with Hawkins-Cameron. Cameron is more of that smaller mobile forward, he doesn't tend to play as tall as he is. Freo only play 1 tall. Melbourne are 1 of the only better teams that play with 2 I guess "true kpfs"

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Any news on the number?
Gotta be 24 as others have mentioned?
Yeah it's Jacob not Jack.
Still 24 would be nice.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
He is a little taller but I feel that Jacob could play a similar role for us that Fritch does for Melbourne.

Reactions: 1 user