We're still in finals race: Frawley (foxsports.com.au) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We're still in finals race: Frawley (foxsports.com.au)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm glad I found this article, because even I, the eternal optimist was starting to have doubts about Richmond playing in the finals this year.

We're still in finals race: Frawley
By Sam Lienert
July 6, 2003

RICHMOND coach Danny Frawley declared his side on the improve and still very much in the AFL finals race despite suffering its sixth straight defeat against Adelaide at AAMI Stadium last night.

The 28-point loss left the Tigers with a 6-8 record, six premiership points out of the top eight, and probably needing six wins from its remaining eight games to make the finals.

Despite the size of the task ahead, Frawley's confident a finals appearance is a realistic prospect for Richmond.

"We're still right in the hunt," Frawley said.

"All we can worry about is ... we've just got to make sure we get reward for effort because the effort's been there.

"We've just got to make sure we can focus on Geelong next week, and we'll go down and have a look at them (play Port Adelaide today) and take it from there."

Asked whether he saw next Saturday's match as a mini-final for the Tigers, Frawley said he was only interested in whether his side could keep improving.

"The last couple of weeks, even though they haven't been wins, there's been improvement, and that's all you can ask for," he said.

"We're starting to get our structure back, (Justin) Blumfield's having a run (in the VFL) today, Billy Nicholls, Rory Hilton and (Aaron) Fiora hopefully will get some form back in the VFL, so to me that's really healthy to get some pressure."

Richmond has lost all four matches it's played outside Victoria this season, and has one remaining against Fremantle in round 18.

"I suppose these two losses (against Brisbane at the Gabba last week and Adelaide at AAMI Stadium last night) are magnified by the fact of losing games that you may have thought you were a chance to win against Carlton and the Kangaroos," he said.

"These two games (against Brisbane and Adelaide) were always going to be difficult when you look at the draw."

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
gustiger12 said:
I think Spud must be growing some special potatoes down on that Farm

LOL ;D. Was thinking the exact same thing Gus.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I don't know about growing Spuds, but I come from the western district and farms there all have pine trees with magic mushrooms underneath them.

Methinks Spud has been indulging.

Fair dinkum Spud. How about some actions rather than words for a change.

Where's that gag. :rollin

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Poor deluded bufoon. 6 losses in a row. I hope you loose another 6 more so that Casey wakes up from his senile stupor!
Supercoach. What a joke.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha Diggles, I was thinking you'd like this one when I posted it. ;D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here Here Diggler well balanced and forthright as usuall, my attention is now turning to Casey it took a while but he now has shown what a nuffa he is. To first of all honour that duds contract is one thing but to strart negotiating for a new contract at the start of next season ...dear of dear.....I am all for stability but this lot that are running the club are drunk...its time for old fashion blood letting

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Well, last week we were up to our eye balls regarding the finals race. We must be a dead set shoe in after yesterday's performance. Another loss to geelong and i'd say we can just about sniff a grand final.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hahaha John, if it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.
Lucky I have a sick sense of humour and can still laugh. :rollin

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Isnt it just great now that we all have the same things to say about our fearless leader FRAWLEY. The man with the plan. YEAAAHHHHH

Giesch would probably have done a better job than him. Bring back mal brown to start a clean out again. Sheedy or wallace are the ones. Wallace will be desperate to get back into coaching just to give it to the doggies who are becoming upset with his comments about lack of money

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
WTF ??? If being delude was a motor racing, Spud would be Michael Schumacher and the RFC would be Ferrari.

Being realistic, the only thing we did on Sat night was drag the game down to a pathetic level. If that is the improvement Danny is referring to, we were great, but as far as improvement most people would consider vital i.e kicking goals, turnovers, fast movement, skills etc... we have not improved one bit, gone backwards in fact.

As Mel Gibson said in Lethal Weapon 1 "Somebody shoot this prick"