We're strong and were Bold - don't make me laugh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We're strong and were Bold - don't make me laugh

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
How pathetic were they?

If Joel Bowden moved any faster than a slow jog, I must have missed it.

It was an embarrasment to watch them running around in that jumper, obviously none of them were playing for their football lives.

I am just plain disgusted in their lack of passion.

I want to rant... but I don't know were to start. Not only did we play poorly, for much of the game we looked disinterested. No pride whatsoever and plenty of players clocking on for the pay cheque.

This is as bad a rabble as we've been over the past 20 years and it hurts like hell. I have been all for an orderly clean out at years end - we all know it's coming - but now I am becoming impatient. I want to see some positive action now. Before any further damage is done.

I could have cried for the likes of Coughlan and Rodan and Newman and McGrath and Schulz. What on earth will they pick up from tonights game? I shudder to think! This is all what culture is - learned behaviour. Are they learning that half arsed efforts is acceptable behaviour?

I hope not, but I fear I am right.

TigerFury said:
Not only did we play poorly, for much of the game we looked disinterested. No pride whatsoever and plenty of players clocking on for the pay cheque.

This is as bad a rabble as we've been over the past 20 years

A disinteresting game plan produces disinterested players.

I joked during the week we should wear our late 80's/early 90's guernsey. Would have been very appropriate tonight.

Maybe they need the old fashioned "if you don't go in hard and give 100% on saturday then you'll make up for it sunday morning on the track". Many of our guys need to be shaken out of their comfort zone. They seem quite content to just go through the motions.

TigerFury said:
I could have cried for the likes of Coughlan and Rodan and Newman and McGrath and Schulz. What on earth will they pick up from tonights game? I shudder to think! This is all what culture is - learned behaviour. Are they learning that half @rsed efforts is acceptable behaviour?

I worry about too TF. Not just after tonight, but for a number of years.

Players are like lambs to the slaughter when they come here.

If they have any talent or ability when they arrive, it won't be visible for long.

And unless players are able to think for themselves, this Clubs kills off any initiative or innate ability players have.

Do we actually know how to develop players?

This is supposed to be a game. Players are supposed to express themselves in a positive manner.

They might as well just check in their brains and heart when they arrive, coz they won't be needed here.

We are supposed to guide players and help them be the best they can be. Not fill them with mind numbing, negative, uninspiring garbage.

Do you people understand that? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Someone, anyone, please just give us a clue. :'( :'( :'( :'(

last night was an absolute joke. our skill level was low, and there was no fighting spirit in the team. there were only a couple of players out there that stood out. take a good look at the saints last night: they started building the pressure very early in the game, they made lots of center clearences, they made accurate shots on goal, and they looked like they actually wanted to be out there.

now all we can do is just sit here and wait ::)