What happens if....? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What happens if....?

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
What happens if we lose 6, 7, 8 or 9 on the trot ???

I feel a small tornado will rip thru tigerland and take a victims with it.

What would be your scenario??

Thoughts?

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Clean them all out I hope infact the only way action will be taken is if that happens

P

PuntRoadRoar

we win a premiership????

oh bugger, I just saw the topic and started dreaming ................

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Me thinks if we hit 9 in a row, Spud will resign at the end of the year. Current support staff will remain as will Beck but he will get the bullet after the national draft.

No current coaching staff will offered senior coach role.

The club will go thru a long drawn process and appoint either Wallace or O'Donnel. Sheedy would be a massive long shot but would be a critical foil for the club in who to appoint.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Crocker, Hutchison or Brittain appointed. Majority of list retained as they are as deluded as all there previous coaches about overating the list.
Clinton King appointed vice captain.
Biddescombe signed for two more years, as is Rodgers. Justin Murphy traded to richmond in exchange for second round pick. Club justifies this decision by saying he was a world beater when he played us.
First round pick exchanged for a gun midfielder in Shane McManus.
Mark Mecuri joins Richmond in the pre season draft as the goal sneak we need.
Gary Ablett appointed as new club chaplan.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
I'm surprised no-one has suggested that we give Spud 12 more months and then wait for Leigh Matthews to come out of contract and come to Tigerland.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
It's a damn good question RR. One senses that we are edging closer to one almighty abyss. A loss to Adelaide will see us standing on the edge. The game against Geelong will either see us jump in, or edge away from the brink. If we lose to Geelong, I could see us finishing the season with 6 wins. :-[

Rampaging_Richo

Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
;D ;D Diggler, it is great to start the morning with a good laugh.

Your scenario, while absolutley *smile* funny, is also just as likely to happen as to not happen :p

BTW, this has been two years in a row since we haven't won a match between rd 9 and rd 13.

My tip is we will lose 8 on the trot, before giving the Bullies a 8 goal touch up and deluding ourselves that we are on the right track for 2004.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
julzqld said:
I'm surprised no-one has suggested that we give Spud 12 more months and then wait for Leigh Matthews to come out of contract and come to Tigerland.

Matthews is out of contract this season. The paperwork for renewal has been finished but nothing signed yet.
He said he'll only take on 1 year contracts now.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
And what makes any of us deluded souls think that Matthews would:

a) Leave Brisbane, and

b) Leave Brisbane to come to Richmond

He'd have to really love an almighty challenge. I'd love to see it, but really ladies, gentlemen and ferals......

I suppose he may think that he if he could bring at least 22 of his Brissie players with him he might have a chance. Aaaah then my dream may come true!

No, I can't see Lethal coming to Tigerland because when you listen to any of the former Hawks in the press none of them have any real affection or respect towards us, because we have eaten our own too often throughout the last 20-30 years and they were all educated with the Happy Team at Hawthorn culture. Sad but true, we will have to put up with what we have and then most likely have to go for another untried coach or pay someone a mountain.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
but really ladies, gentlemen and ferals......

Haha am wondering what group we all fit into here. I think I need ladies, gentlemen, ferals and tomboys. ;D

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
This once ruthless board who didn't care less what people thought of them are now to frightened to make the move. The former ceo of the hammerheads appears to be a fan of Frawley and bumbling merry men....sad to say but he may see out his contract and as they said there are 9 coaches coming out of contract end of next year so the comp will be hot...........we will probably have to appoint whats left i.e the likes of Chris Bond..

"The Geelong game will be raining memberships" I agree the best talk back call ever

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Frawley has clearly bought over from his days at Collingwood the inability of his sides to win a game in the month of June. This happened to Collingwood over a 2 year period I think 99 and 2000 and happened to us last year when we lost from rounds 9 - 17 and a similar situation this year.

I don't expect to beat Adelaide this week, but if we lose to Geelong the following week (which will be a tough game imo) the poo will really hit the fan then. It will be very ugly and I hope it doesn't happen.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
shawry said:
Geelong always seem to beat us.

Why's that?? IMHO it's maybe they think that the win is in the bank rather than giving the Handbaggers enough respect

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I don't know about that Shawry, from our last 10 meetings its been 5 wins apiece, although they have won teh last 2. They definately had the wood over us in the late 80s to mid 90s mainly because off G. Ablett.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Fair enough Boss. I admit i was going on my perception rather than actual stats. Last years clash was embarrasing and was the last bit of ammo i needed to decde we werent goign to play finals that year. That effort was embarrassing.