what might of been | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

what might of been

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
With all the trade talk going on i did a quick check of players who would have been available to us if we had not done any trading at all over the past 2 yrs and just went with our draft picks. i have only picked players who were available at the time of a particular pick (eg brendan goddard went at pick 1 we would of had pick 2 so goddard wasnt available to us. so with the help of hindsight here goes
2001 matt maguire st sam mitchell ha paul medhurst fr matthew mccarthy g
2002 steven salopek pp paul johnson wc brent staker wc ryan crowley fr brad fisher ca
in most cases there are 4 or 5 options on a par with the players ive picked also ihave picked players in the round they went in i think this example just goes to show how quickly a good football dpt could build a good list and just goes to show the most important people at any club is your recruiters as a club i fervently believe we have to get our hands on some people who can identify young talent and use all our draft picks in the draft as wll as using our rookie list correctly :) ;D

If you go back even further you'll find many more examples like those claw.

You would think the club would have learnt their lesson by now but as my quote says: 'Time flows like a river, and history repeats'

Spot on Claw, youth is the way to go to build long term success. Look at Essendon and now Collingwood, they have recruiters and coaches who can identify young talent and develop it.
Why is it that people like us can see it but the so called experts at our club keep recruiting "has beens" who never were and never will be?
Wake up you idiots the writing has been on the wall for decades!

tigerjoe said:
Spot on Claw, youth is the way to go to build long term success. Look at Essendon and now Collingwood, they have recruiters and coaches who can identify young talent and develop it.
Why is it that people like us can see it but the so called experts at our club keep recruiting "has beens" who never were and never will be?
Wake up you idiots the writing has been on the wall for decades!

I'm going to get castigated for this (or something worse that sounds like that) but it's one of my pet peeves about the English language and to see it in a TITLE makes it worse. It's also not bad spelling or grammar -it's just not knowing what the word is ....

WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN