What Will Be Our Final Ladder Position? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

What Will Be Our Final Ladder Position?

What Will Be Our Final Ladder Position?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
5th. Because I worked the ladder-predictor over for about an hour and can't see anyone above us dropping a requisite amount of games for us to climb into top 4 with a 4/6 result to round 23. That said, NicNat out, Pendles finger, Teflon Gary 's hip.. anything could happen in the next 6 weeks.
Not saying it will happen but if we win all our games we will finish top 4. We play Collingwood, west coast and Brisbane so just one of them has to drop one other game and we are top 4.
But it’s a big ask. Add port to that list and we definitely have a hard run home.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not saying it will happen but if we win all our games we will finish top 4. We play Collingwood, west coast and Brisbane so just one of them has to drop one other game and we are top 4.
But it’s a big ask. Add port to that list and we definitely have a hard run home.
Actually scrub that. West coast have won one more than I thought they had.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Been thinking about the ramifications if we miss out on the top 4. If this occurs, I think the likely top 4 will be this:
Geelong
West Coast
Brisbane
Collingwood

If this occurs, finishing 5th would be an absolute nightmare for us. If all the higher teams win, it means a semi final against Collingwood and a Prelim away to the Eagles. And thats on top of a tricky elimination final against the cheats or dogs.

Finishing 6th would be much more preferable. Likely GWS at the G in week 1. an inexperienced Brisbane away in week 2. And Geelong at the G in week 3.

Long story short, we need to avoid 5th at all costs.

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Nank is close, Pickett 1-2 weeks off playing VFL.

Likes of Higgins, Baker, Caddy, Townsend, Graham and Butler in the wings.

We could be peaking at the right time of the year.

..and now Higgins likely out for the rest of the year with a brain hemorrhage. If you thought 6 weeks was a long time in football, try 24 hours! At least it looks like Ebert and Wines won't play this weekend. We're playing dice with the football injury gods.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Been thinking about the ramifications if we miss out on the top 4. If this occurs, I think the likely top 4 will be this:
Geelong
West Coast
Brisbane
Collingwood

If this occurs, finishing 5th would be an absolute nightmare for us. If all the higher teams win, it means a semi final against Collingwood and a Prelim away to the Eagles. And thats on top of a tricky elimination final against the cheats or dogs.

Finishing 6th would be much more preferable. Likely GWS at the G in week 1. an inexperienced Brisbane away in week 2. And Geelong at the G in week 3.

Long story short, we need to avoid 5th at all costs.
Were going to have to beat the best regardless. Doesn't matter when they come. Eagles in the big one would be my preferred. We own the MCG

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Were going to have to beat the best regardless. Doesn't matter when they come. Eagles in the big one would be my preferred. We own the MCG

i agree we have to beat the best and we can beat the best. But if we play the Eagles in Perth in an elimination final, we are screwed.