Brisbane Priority Pick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brisbane Priority Pick

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Did I just hear correctly that Brisbane are getting a priority pick?

And after the AFL inserted their preferred coach and general manager of football into the Brisbane Football Club as well.

If so, might be time to really *smile* the club up and start getting AFL to parachute in some assistance as well as paying for it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yep. Hand over the club to the AFL and they will make sure we're looked after. I'm surprised MFC weren't given one as well.

Matiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
jb03 said:
Did I just hear correctly that Brisbane are getting a priority pick?

And after the AFL inserted their preferred coach and general manager of football into the Brisbane Football Club as well.

If so, might be time to really *smile* the club up and start getting AFL to parachute in some assistance as well as paying for it.
Pick 19 as I understand it

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
End of first round. No big deal, they're horrible and deserve it.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
The_General said:
imgres

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
The Lions will now be the new focus for the AFL.

They will be given heaven and earth to succeed...hasn't this been done already for them when they were a failure previously...

Honestly this comp is so compromised is bordering on illegal.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The_General said:

Why do they deserve it? Because Voss ruined their club? I have a big issue with the league rewarding mediocre management and favouring the interstate clubs. If it were Richmond in Brisbane's position there'd be no priority pick awarded.

Backbone

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 21, 2008
tigerlove said:
I have a big issue with the league rewarding mediocre management and favouring the interstate clubs. If it were Richmond in Brisbane's position there'd be no priority pick awarded.

Brisbane's mgmt hasn't been mediocre, it has been awful. Richmond however, is the definition of mediocre!

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Utterly ludicrous decision, but just as well it's only pick 19. Clubs should have nixed the draft decades ago like the NRL. It's integrity has been compromised time and time again.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Jason King said:
They are sh!t and they have issues keeping players. They have poor crowd numbers. *smile* some of you are hard ass :hihi

They have won more Premierships this century than we have won finals matches in 34 years.