When should Ken Hinkley have been fired? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

When should Ken Hinkley have been fired?

When should Ken Hinkley have been fired?

• Only after Kochie gets it in the eye

• When 800k Hammer finds a club that will pay a third of that

• Cheese sandwich

• After he persuades another club that Potato Ladhams is worth a first rounder

• The year before that

• The year before the year before he was threatened by a breakfast show host

• Some time in the future - amazing, happy!

• Whenever paint-by-numbers is widely considered unimaginative

• As soon as he can get a job at Strathmore

• Late twentieth century

Results are only viewable after voting.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Whenever he called financial and business genius David Koch's bluff by flirting with the Gold Coast and getting a new contract.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A straight swap with Salty Scott, you know it makes sense.

• Love

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
Not sure I quite understand the hate for Hinkley, at least among non Port supporters. Similar to Chris Fagan for mine - I find their clubs and/or playing groups and/or supporters to be vile but they don't seem like such bad guys to me. Not in the same category as Chris Scott.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Did they just pick up Finlayson?
Immediate cover for Ladhams. Still no home love for Marshall.
Intriguing call.

Interestingly he is the squeeze from GWS. They'll keep their mids, probs we forget about Timmy Tarantula.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
On Port, I dont hate the club. Were the 2nd best team in it in 2020.

Reactions: 1 user

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
On Port, I dont hate the club. Were the 2nd best team in it in 2020.
They didn't bother me too much until I befriended a group of Adelaideans a few years back here in Melbourne. I'd never been over there for a Port game but I visited for round 12 2018 and round 4 2019.

I used to laugh at Crows fans who refused to go to Showdowns if Port were the home team and call them soft - now I understand. We were basically the prize scalp for the rest of the league back then but wow, just wow. Some of their supporters make Collingwood fans look civilised.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
They didn't bother me too much until I befriended a group of Adelaideans a few years back here in Melbourne. I'd never been over there for a Port game but I visited for round 12 2018 and round 4 2019.

I used to laugh at Crows fans who refused to go to Showdowns if Port were the home team and call them soft - now I understand. We were basically the prize scalp for the rest of the league back then but wow, just wow. Some of their supporters make Collingwood fans look civilised.
Me and the group of 8 I was with for the 2014 Elimination were in genuine fear walking out of AO. The stuff that was being said and how it was being said had me thinking we would be like Snake Bliskin trying to get out of Adelaide!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
Me and the group of 8 I was with for the 2014 Elimination were in genuine fear walking out of AO. The stuff that was being said and how it was being said had me thinking we would be like Snake Bliskin trying to get out of Adelaide!!
Haha you get where I'm coming from. And they'd flogged us that day too. Incredibly obnoxious winners who wanna crack skulls even when they win - then you see them turn when they lose and they're somehow even worse. Feral on a scary level.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not sure I quite understand the hate for Hinkley, at least among non Port supporters. Similar to Chris Fagan for mine - I find their clubs and/or playing groups and/or supporters to be vile but they don't seem like such bad guys to me. Not in the same category as Chris Scott.

Yeah, I think it stems from people on here claiming Hinkley was a "supercoach" relative to Dimma before we won all those flags.

Seems like a competent coach and a reasonable guy to me

Reactions: 3 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I would have selected After INXS revokes the rights to use their song as an anthem for Bogans and Before the Cash Cow shanks Kochie for a half full goon bag.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
One knows there is no footy on when we have this type of thread?

• Haha

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Haha you get where I'm coming from. And they'd flogged us that day too. Incredibly obnoxious winners who wanna crack skulls even when they win - then you see them turn when they lose and they're somehow even worse. Feral on a scary level.
I used to help organise supporter bus trips to watch the North Melbourne Giants interstate.
I had a full prima orange juice thrown at the back of my head in Adelaide. We were spat on walking in/out of the arena.
I can't remember if it was Adelaide or Wollongong, but our bus had its windows smashed whilst we were watching the game. So much so that future trips, the coach captain would drop us if and then go park somewhere else and just sit in the bus.
Both cities.......special supporter groups.

• Wow

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I used to help organise supporter bus trips to watch the North Melbourne Giants interstate.
I had a full prima orange juice thrown at the back of my head in Adelaide. We were spat on walking in/out of the arena.
I can't remember if it was Adelaide or Wollongong, but our bus had its windows smashed whilst we were watching the game. So much so that future trips, the coach captain would drop us if and then go park somewhere else and just sit in the bus.
Both cities.......special supporter groups.
Cretins