When what you eat (or drink) kills you. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

When what you eat (or drink) kills you.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Reckon a lot of this stuff is going to come out over the next decade and we will see the food industry scrambling for cover.

My summary of this article is ‘we don’t know if it causes cancer - but we can’t rule it out - and think it might’

Took a long time for tobacco to get whacked.

Sugar - especially high fructose corn syrup - is going to take a beating too.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
When you dive into the details, you'd need to drink about 40 cans of soda containing aspartame a day to reach the point where WHO says it might be a contributor.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
When you dive into the details, you'd need to drink about 40 cans of soda containing aspartame a day to reach the point where WHO says it might be a contributor.
Yep. Diet Coke hasn't killed anyone.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reckon a lot of this stuff is going to come out over the next decade and we will see the food industry scrambling for cover.

My summary of this article is ‘we don’t know if it causes cancer - but we can’t rule it out - and think it might’

Took a long time for tobacco to get whacked.

Sugar - especially high fructose corn syrup - is going to take a beating too.

They go through this all the time. I remember 20 years ago they said that washing up liquid "may" cause cancer too, but the products haven't changed.

I think the main thing we get out of these studies, is no-one still really knows what causes most cancers.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Are you saying i should cut back?

• Haha

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
They go through this all the time. I remember 20 years ago they said that washing up liquid "may" cause cancer too, but the products haven't changed.

I think the main thing we get out of these studies, is no-one still really knows what causes most cancers.
And how to cure this disease.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
We just don’t know. But cancer rates have gone up. Diet is a key change.

Without any proof whatsoever, just a hunch, I reckon it'll end up being the plastics in our food that end up being the cause of higher cancer rates.