Which Players Should Richmond Trade? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Which Players Should Richmond Trade?

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
I want to know who richmond should trade at the end of the season? Hilton should be in the first option because he bring nothing to our club. Some people say the Richo should be traded but i disagree, Richo is our only power forward and there aren't that many in the competetion. Tell me what you think.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Richo
Bowden
Hilton (but won't get anything for him)
Pettifer (but won't get anything for him)
Fiora
Hall

Delist/retire
Rogers
Cameron
Dunc
Bscum
King
Mills
Houlihan

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Welcome to PuntRoadEnd, VG.

Answered this as part of tigerbob's thread.

Delist: Duncan (ret.), Cameron (ret.), King, Bidders, Houlihan, Hilton, Mills, Pettifer, Hyde.

Tradeable: No one is exempt except IMO Cogs, Johnson, Cambo, Stafford, Ottens, AK, Newman.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Delist:
King - A goer but nothing left to give
Houlihan - Most spineless player to ever play for Richmond
Pettifer - Second most spineless
Biddiscombe - Everything about him is wrong
Mills - Cheers
Nicholls - Thanks for dropping in
Hilton - Attitude sucks
Dunc (retiring) - Goodbye to a player who got the most out of himself
Rogers - Frawley is bound to get sick of his "services" sooner or later ;)

Trade:
Richo - Mentally unstable (get a first round draft pick for him)
Bowden - Lazy (get a first round draft pick for him)
Fiora - Send him to SA and bring back Torney
Hall - Will never come good and we all know it (but maybe some other teams don't know it)

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Tradeable: No one is exempt except IMO Cogs, Johnson, Cambo, Stafford, Ottens, AK, Newman.

Mighty Tiges - How could you possibly leave Krak and Rodan out of this list??? They will be 2 of the most classy and exciting players going around in the competition in years to come.

Keep the young with talent, get rid of the old germs that spread disease through the club and yes Spud, this means you too!!!

Bones

I'm a llama!
May 26, 2003
BOWDEN

Not many other players on list are tradeable.

DELIST

Houla / Bidd / Rogers / Hilton / King / Vardy / Mills / Hyde

RETIRE

DK / Cameron

KEEP RICHO & FIORA

This will allow for many picks - I am told that this may not be a strong draft especially for talls but we have to take a punt and select quite a few. Maybe try and get Gaspar brother from West Coast - plenty of size about him and will not get a game there while Gardiner & Cox are playing. Gayfer from the Murray Bushrangers looks a chance - saw him playing at full back for them - good size at 192 cm - must be some relation to the Gayfer that played at Collingwood - hope he is not under the father - son rule. There is also a kid called Egan playing from the same side with good size - I wonder if he is a relation to the Egan that played with the Tigers

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
BYE BYE

Bowden - Pathetic
Houlihan - Maybe go play with Broderick and Sziller at East Burwood
Biddiscombe - You can captain Coburg
Rogers - I doubt Adelaide would have you
Pettifer - Pathetica - Go play in the EFL, Keith Greigs son plays there too, we delisted him and he is kicking goals upon goals
King - Go back to whatever rock you crawled out of
Mills - Vice Captain of Coburg
Hyde - No potential there, better off joing a boy band with Pettifer
Vardy - He may aswell leave on his own accord, he could be a good player elsewhere
Nicholls - sorry

Retire - Duncan

Keep - Cambo, Gas, Dutchie, Richo, Otto, Staff, Newie, Cogs, Azza,Chubba,Krak, Rodey,McGrath (PLAY HIM) Tiva, Cameron,Hilts,Johno,

Cameron has another year in him, Hilton is still under 25, can't trade Richo (see my Richo post). Fiora needs a kick in the backside and put on the half back flank.

What else - Something about the coach, what is it ? oh yeah he has a heart like a pea

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Macktiger: Totally unfair to question Danny Frawley's heart. If he has anythign as a coach that is definitely it. No way can you question the mans heart.

P

PuntRoadRoar

the question isnt who should we trade, it should be who wants any of our players? ;D

Expect Cogs!!! get ya hands off him, he is gunna be our captain!

P

PuntRoadRoar

and Dean3, your right Danny doesnt have a heart the size of a pea, but he has a brain the size of one ;D

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Ok, I take it back, Spud does not have a heart like a pea. But I really doubt he is all there.

I smell a midweek sacking ::)

P

PuntRoadRoar

*scratches his head* LOL

I do appologise Dean3 and shawry,

i must have contracted Dudley Fraudley disease where my eyes decieved me and i thought i saw what never appeared originally....... ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
IloveNewman said:

Mighty Tiges - How could you possibly leave Krak and Rodan out of this list??? They will be 2 of the most classy and exciting players going around in the competition in years to come.

Keep the young with talent, get rid of the old germs that spread disease through the club and yes Spud, this means you too!!!

I was being ultra-harsh ILN. Picking players who IMO don't have any negative aspects in regards to:
- skills
- size
- position (KP or hard ballwinners are worth much more than flankers as they are much harder to find and replace)
- versatility (can play in a number of positions compared to being just one-dimensional)
- value (consistency and quality of performance compare to the amount of money RFC are paying them)

I didn't include age as those near or over 30 are not tradeable.

I'd personally keep Krakouer, Rodan and Chaffey who weren't on my safe list.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
We don't have a great deal of tradeable players ATM, but would look at trading
Bowden, Fiora, Hall, Pettifer..

Delist will contain most players mentioned on previous posts.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
OK here we go with my thoughts... Richo is safe he won't be traded people so get over it.
Also IMO those others that are safe or should be are Cogs Newmo Campbell Johno Blumfield Staffey Chaffey Otto Rodan Krakouer AK Tivvs Zantuck Gas

Delist: Hilton Bidders Mills Pickering(rookie list) King Houlihan Nichols

Retirements Dunc and possibly Camo. But I'd like to see Camo stay on for another year. Maybe Rogers will get a tap on the shoulder if he doesn't give it away himself.

Trade: guys like Bowden Fiora Hall(althought he will keep his spot due to our lack of talls, actually IMO Vardy is the same and will be kept) Pettifer and be prepared to look at any deal that any club offers us for the rest of the guys.

Rookies: Promote Matt Shir and Kelvin Moore by drafting them onto the list.

This will mean we have 10 places on the list. Or 11 0r 12 depending on what happens with Camo and Rogers.
This is including the (3??) short we had this year isn't repeated again next year. Then by drafting Shir and Moore we will have between 8 and 10 draft picks alone.
This does not include trades where I would think we would either give or get no more than 3 players. ( just a gut feeling).

So out of those 8 - 10 draft choices PERSONALLY I would like to see the following choices made:
In no particular order...

1 youngster to be drafted to be groomed for Full back duties

2 Very promising young ruckman ( we all know they take longer to develop maybe get a 2nd one late in the draft as we also all know is highly likely atleast 1 will turn out a dud)

3 Two kids to be groomed for CHF and CHB that can alternate between both

4 You just can't take enough quality mid-fielders (if necessary take them from interstate then if they turn out to be good and want to go home they have currency ala Des Headland etc)

5 Best available of what is left, but goes without saying the best available must be chosen for the above also.

6 Assuming we take only one of Roach and Raines sons

That about covers it for the draft table, of course alot of what we do will be influenced by trades etc. But hopefully we draft the type of kids above with a longer term view in mind.

We have heard how RFC will be agressive in trading I just hope we don't trade away to many draft picks or if we do we get an equal number in return, so end up with the same amount of picks just in a different order.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Just bringing this to the top in case anyone missed it or would like to add to it.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Rookies: Promote Matt Shir and Kelvin Moore by drafting them onto the list.

How do you know these guys are any good, from what i have seen they are both ordinary. i wouldnt waste my time with them