Who is a RFC member here? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who is a RFC member here?

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
Hi everyone, this is my first post, but I've been reading this site since the Roarpower days and have finally registered here. I just wanted to say how dissappointed I am to see Richmond with a mere 23,000 members this year :-\ . This is pretty ordinary, especially when you see clubs like St Kilda has about the same, and Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon have thousands more - which hardly qualifies us as one of the big 4 clubs anymore. Are most people who use this site members? Do people only become a member based on team performance, or like me sign up regardless because I love the tiges. I cant understand how poorly we have done this year with members, ??? especially when we are at 6 wins, 2 losses, and we have finally got a pretty good off-field team with the likes of Greg Miller, Wayne Brittain and Ian Campbell. What does is take for people to part with their money and become a member?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hiya Tiges4Ever. Welcome to the site. :) Took your time joinging up then, ha.

There are a lot of reasons people haven't signed up this year. A win over in Perth might get a few more people on board, but I expect a lot will wait to see how the season pans out and maybe re-join next season.

There have been many disgruntled Tiger fans in recent years and the season from Hell last year seemed to be the straw that broke the camels back really.

For too many years people have been told to have faith and things are heading in the right direction etc, but there was never anything to back that up. The promise and hope always seemed to end in heartbreak.

I can understand their reluctance, though I never give up my campaign to get people on board.

I wouldn't place any blame on people who haven't bought a membership. It's their right and everyone has different circumstances. I think the club will have a good honest look at why this has happened and work to ensure it never happens again.

There have been common complaints about not feeling that welcome around the club. E-mails and phone calls not returned etc. Hopefully there are people in place already to improve the public relationship dept.

Anyway to cut a long rant short, ha. I have 4 memberships and reserve seats, even though I am often the only one who uses them. My sons are Richmond members because I renew out of habit, and they don't even barrack for the Tiges and rarely go to games. I won't be renewing those next season though.

Anyway if everyone works together, and the team continues being competitive all year I have great faith our membership will really grow soon.

It mightn't happen this year, but it will happen. :)

P

PuntRoadRoar

I have been a member since the begining of 95.

and i live in Perth

Go tiges.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hope you get bragging rights tomorrow night then PRR. Are you going to the game?

Go Tiges.

Whoops already asked that didn't I? Oldtimers kicking in, ha. :rollin

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Welcome to PuntRoadEnd, Tiges4ever :)

Yep I'm a member as well. Agree with rosy as to the reasons why our membership is where it's at.

RazorBoy

Just waitin' for the next premiership
Apr 18, 2003
Thanks for your welcome Rosy and Mighty Tiges, and thanks everyone for your feedback. It's great that there are members who dont even live in Victoria who believe in buying their memberships each year. I must confess that I didnt become a member until I moved to Melbourne from country Vic in 1997, but I will keep renewing each year regardless of team performances. I even managed to convert my husband to the tiges, and he is also a paid up member - he didnt stand a chance really, as I would never go to the footy to watch anyone but the tiges play! ;D