Who's going and will we win? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Who's going and will we win?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Out of interest who'll be at the game tomorrow, and how does everyone expect Richmond to go?

I won't be there. Am not keen on Docklands at the best of times, but the lure of watching my son play in the local derby is too strong this week. The 20 minute drive is more tempting than a 3 hour one each way.

The game is live on Austar so I'll tape it and watch it Sat night. Will watch the local footy in the car so I can listen to Richmond. Anti social I know, but I can't stand not knowing what's happening.

I am not as confident about the result as usual. We wouldn't want to underestimate Geelong. I suppose I'm nervous cos I've been the one paying up bets with Cats friend the last couple of meetings.

Barrack hard for me too guys. Richmond by 30 if they believe in their ability to win. Otherwise I prefer not to think about what could happen.

Go Tiges.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I'll be there. You would reckon docklands would encourage free flowing footy but I'm not holding my breath given both us and Geelong use negating tactics. A nil all draw wouldn't be too far off on current form. Probably find both Coll and Freo playing in the pouring rain, hail and mud at the 'G will each score more goals than us playing on a dry hard surface :mad:.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I'll be there and I'm praying for a win (even an ugly grind will do me this week). I can tell you now if we lose, the poo will really hit the fan next week at Tigerland.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'll be there and the cats by 24 points. Can't wait till the poo hits the fan. Go cats ;D

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
I too will be there and I'm feeling quietly confident. I reckon The Cats at Telstra is a very different proposition that Adelaide and Brisbane away and while there has been a lot of warranted criticism, we were actually in a position to win both games for the majority of both games. So I rckon the boys are due for a win.

I want them to kick atleast 15 goals too. Not good enough to scrap it and only kick 10-11 goals.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
:mad:

I know I have been quiet this week but rather than say something negative about the Tigers I thought I would just say nothing. There has been no new comments this week only different people saying it. I have to say I feel that there is way to many people basking in the glory of we are sh** see I told you so.

Cant make it, but at least I am still hoping for a win.

Lets Roar

Khan

p.s I hope you were being silly there Harry. You can have your opinion about how bad we are. But to barrack for the opposition just to prove your self right is plain sickening. :-[

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I don't have to barrack for them - they'll win anyway.

There'll be more positives from a loss than there will be from a win - a win will only bring negatives.

The positives from a loss- closer to a new coach and higher draft picks so we can head in the right direction for the future.

The negatives from a win - RFC get disillusioned about the abilities of the coach and the playing list.

I'm all for improvements and positives. If it means losing then I don't mind losing at all - heck we're all used to it by now.

I'll always be a tiger at heart but we need some waking up from our deep sleep.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
I'll be there. Finish night shift at 8am come home, sleep for three hours, get up then drive into the city and watch a good game.Then be home by 6 back to bed till 8 then off to work again.Every week the boys look good at training but a bit sloppy today ,so it is out their system by tomorrow. GO TIGERS GO FOR TOMMY!
;D ;D 8)

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I will be taking my 3 year old to his first game. Could be interesting if they loose. He may add a few words to his vocabulary ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Im going, had to buy reserves tickets, because i dont fancy sitting up on level 3, and thats the only place my membership will let me.

Not confident and i aint expecting much from either side. I think im getting used to losing....... :-[

ohhh and have you heard anything stupider then reseverd genral admission??
Some mates and i were meeting at TD to go to the footy, but half the group bought tickets at different booths, so half of us got different tickets, and coz it was such a large game, we couldnt sit together. They really need to do something bout TD, its a joke. :-\

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
I'll be there - down from Albury.

I think we will win this one. That's if we play as well as we have in the last fortnight. They boy's will have a lot of pressure on them, I hope it doesn't effect them in a negative way.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
I wont be there, but will follow with interest.

Honestly, I think Geelong will roll them based on the fact that they had a great win against PA last week.

Richmond FC lack heart, passion, a real desire to take the next step and at most levels accept mediocrity too easily and have done for the last 20+ years.

The appointment of Campbell and Miller give me real hope within 3-4 years, but the rest of the personnel are just making up the numbers.

As Morgan Freeman said in Shawshank Redemption "Get busy living, or get busy dying!"

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The Boss said:
I'll be there and I'm praying for a win (even an ugly grind will do me this week). I can tell you now if we lose, the poo will really hit the fan next week at Tigerland.

I certainly hope we have a win too, but if we don't I won't be heartbroken if we're beaten convincingly.

If the poo needs to hit the fan to get this team heading in the right direction then so be it.

I'd be really disappointed if we lose by a kick or two and get told we're not far away again.

A loss will be inexcusable imo, and action will have to be taken.

The easier option is to go out there and flog the Cats.

GO TIGES! Eat Em Alive.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
bit far to come from perth every week. Holland Bowden Krakouer Fiora Rogers Fleming Houlihan Biddiscombe I make that 8 passengers before the game even kicks off. Geelong by a mile.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
The drums are beating and getting very loud.

27 points down at half-time and probably should be @ 40 points.

Another pisssweak display with no guts. I hope they get thrashed by 10+goals.

Bye Danny............