Trade with Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade with Bulldogs

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I read with interest yesterday that the Bulldogs will be looking to draft mid-size players as they don't believe thee are any standout talls to be snapped up in this years draft. They recognise they need talls which brings me to ask what the chances of trading Vardy or perhaps even Ray Hall for a 1st round draft pick? I know the odds aren't great but perhaps if we threw in a couple of other players (no need to mention names as we all know who they are) they may bite.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
IMO if talls are in short supply in the draft then Razor is an untouchable.

We have been found wanting bigtime when a couple of our talls get injured, in fact the last two seasons it's sent Richmond into a downward spiral.

Richo and Staff are in the twilight of their careers and probably won't improve much in future years, possibly the opposite.

Schulz holds our hopes for the future but is an unknown quantity yet.

I am disappointed about Royce, I hoped he'd slot in when we had injuries, but I guess there are reasons.

Razor can play forward, back, ruck and is the tall utility we need as a backup. I hope he isn't the one they trade unless it's for a quality tall replacement.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Hall is a soft dud imo can't mark over head and doesn't use his body.......runs to much like Forest Gump.....he can go

YeahNah

Attitude + Expectation = Culture
Dec 19, 2002
Upper Yarra Valley
Laff. I knew we'd agree on something eventually. :eek: Hall is over rated IMO, and If a trade can be found, it should most definitely be considered!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Agree Hall is not a natural footballer and if a suitable trade can be found see ya later. if not, keep him.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Whilst I agree that Hall is the second coming of Forrest Gump, I'd like to give him one more year at Richmond to see what he can produce in an injury free year.

If he still shows nothing, feed him to the sharks.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Given we don't have enough talls on our list as it is :( I doubt whether Hall or even Vardy will be delisted at the end of this year even if one or both deserve to go.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
It comes back to the "never trade a tall for a small", but Ray may have an overinflated value due to the fact there is a shortage of talls in the league.

If trading him was able to secure a good player that we require or a high draft pick I would be dissapointed if the club didn't seriously consider it.

IMO, Ray is a bit of a hack whose body appears to extremely fragile. Maybe we have seen his best.

Verdict - goodbye Ray..

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Consise and informative Laffs. Ray Hall is like McKee, shows promise but has a soft underbelly. Trade the dud. But dont trade him for another hack like Clinton King.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Rampaging Richo said:
How about Hall for Eagleton :p That would be nightmare on Punt Rd part 19...

Which teams are in desperate need for a tall?
geelong and bullies are both desperate for key position players trade richo for 1ST rd pick lets get some thing for him while we can ::)

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Informative Laffs. My deep throat spy says he wants to go back home and Port Adelaide has said pick any two players in exchange.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
We really should make a big trade with the Bulldogs involving the #1 draft pick. I ahve seen Adam Cooney play for West Adelaide and he is a star and just what our midfield needs. He is hard at it like Cogs nad can finish. Utter class, we need that player and should make an attempt to get him somehow.

Hopefully not true aobut Ottens.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Laff said:
Look for a trade from left field involving Brad Ottens

Please no, but if it has to happen, we should be asking for Dean Brogan and Ports 1st rd pick plus Guerra for good measure.

Also Pettifer to Bullies for Pat Bowden.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Hate to say it RR but I don't think the Bulldogs would even be willing to swap their stud cleaner for Pettifer.
He currently has the market value of a 92 Hyundai excel ;D