Why Campbell? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Why Campbell?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Was Wayne Campbell injured tonight or in training over there yesterday?
If not it's a disgrace to select an injured player, which is what I assume was done seeing Danny said during the week Wayne won't be as effective as usual.
Understatement Danny!
Anyone at all would have been more use then Campbo tonight.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I thought Cambo was moving reasonably well early on Rosy. Must of got reinjured.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Fully agree Rosy. We were one man down from the start of the game with Cambo obviously not up to it yet.

Absolute DISGRACE that Schulz wasn't brought over as well. Did they think Stafford was going to be doing breakdance moves out there after hyper *smile* extending his knee?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
diggler said:
I thought Cambo was moving reasonably well early on Rosy. Must of got reinjured.

I agree Diggler - he was moving in the centre alright before he came off. Maybe he took a knock in one of the centre packs.

I wonder during the long break if his calf tightened up and they couldn't get it loose enough for him to come back on.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Didn't Campbo start on the bench? (I missed the start but got the impression he did) Doubt that would have happened if he was fit.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Probably didn't count on Cogs injuring himself over there and thought if Campbell didn't come up then King would come in. Instead King had to come in for Cogs and with not taking a tall over Bidders had to replace Staff and Campo was forced to play.

Got no idea why we selected Hall as an emergency if he wasn't fit to take Staff's place and we knew Staff was dodgy. At least with Shultz we would have had a tall to replace Staff with.

Complete stuff up by the selection commitee :mad:.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Basically it seems we took two underdone players across(campbell and stafford), and named an unfit emergency in hall, i think the club needs to explain this to us, as it seems very poor

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I totally agree with you guys. To expect poor Vardy to ruck all alone ALL night is just too much. (mind you I thought he tried very hard and did aswell as could be expected) to not even take Schulz over really is a disgrace, so what if he is young in circumstances as dire as that he needs to be thrown to the wolves. Put him at FF allow Richo to roam the 50 and atleast you have to match a tall on Schulz who will provide a contest and maybe even produce crumbing oppurtunities for Krakouer and the like.
Anyway the result was probably about what you would expect with Campbell (basically as good as missing) Ottens Coughlan Hall Stafford and Holland missing.
I wonder how many of them will be available next week?
I'd say Hall will be ok maybe Stafford Coughlan should be back and perhaps Campbell was just being rested for next week when it once it was obvious that risking FURTHER injury was pointless (der).
I think we will beat the Swans next week. 8)
Who besides the ageing and slowing MacIntosh and also Phillip Read did they have out? No one of any note they are at full strength. It will be interesting to see just how things pan out in the second half of the year for them as they have alot of kids.. who inevitably struggle to go the 22.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Well said Tigerdog. The only other notable exception for the Eagles was Daniel Chick, other than that they were at full strength. Given the parochial crowd, the fact that we were undermanned from the beginning and missing a heap of players, I think we did ok in the finish.

If we were going to go into the midfield and just concede the ruck, we might as well have had another midfielder in there. Not knocking Vardy, he did ok, but we really lacked height around the ground.

Despite the fact that we were undermanned we lost this match at the selection table. Don't know why Campbell was selected other than for intimidatory purposes, and not taking over another tall was a rediculous decision.

Hopefully we can bring it all together for the second half of the year and have a fit Campbell, Ottens, Blumfield and Holland firing.

P

PuntRoadRoar

i tell you what happened to campbell....

he won the coin toss, chose the subico end and went to the bench and got his hammies rubbed. *well thats what basically happened* I just hope he is not stuffed for next weeks game either, otherwise the selection committee need to be shot.

not good enough selection committee, not good enough at all!!!!